You know you have ..... when ....

• 29 replies

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
Re: You know you have ..... when ....
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »
I would not expect most English majors (in China or back home) to even know what a Fibonacci sequence was.

At the risk of sounding stupid - What is as Fibonacci sentence?  mmmmmmmmmm

George

• My view of China
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
At the risk of sounding stupid
afafafafaf At the risk of making you sound even more stupid, mlaeux, it's a Fibonacci sequence!
I used to know, but now I've forgotten. Something to do with  aaaaaaaaaa maths!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »
I "Googled" it.  It's the pattern of things in Nature: called the Golden Ratio (approx = 1618).  What makes things looks beautiful/balanced to our eyes.....It's mentioned in one of Dan Brown's novels, apparently.
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
You know you've studied day trading too long when a chart doesn't look right without Fibonacci retracement and extension levels added.  kkkkkkkkkk

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
Finally a chance to brag! I was a math major and I use the words "Fibonacci Number System" frequently. Its actually the most common pattern in nature used by both flora and fauna. A spiral follows the sequence

0   1   1   2   3   5   8   13   21   34   55   89  . . .

The next digit is the sum of the two that preceeds it.

For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
fibonacci sequence is awesome

it's a set of numbers that you can use to make things aesthetically pleasing or transpose to music

i think pachelbel's canon in D is the best example of it in music

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 02:21:09 AM »
You know you had been in China too long when back home, you bitch about the price of mushrooms and ask why there are no mangosteens
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 12:59:30 PM »
You know it is cold when you have ice forming on the inside of your double glazed windows. 

This morning inside doesn't feel quite as warm as usual but then it is at least -39C outside (at 6am). I thought yesterday it was probably due to the cold from outside coming through the glass. This morning gave some confirmation of that when I just found ice forming on the inside of my windows.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Schnerby

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »
 aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao

I better go to the airline ticket people and tell them I meant to say "Hainan" not "Harbin"  ahahahahah ahahahahah

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »
Don't worry it is supposed to warm up (back to normal cold) in a couple of days time.  The current weather we have had is unusual even for here.  It is more than 10 years since there have been temperatures this cold in December or January. I haven't been able to find records yet that tell just how long it has been. This mornings -39C was colder than January 2001. The current forecast for when you are here is for at least 10 degrees warmer than it has been the last few days. So probably somewhere around -18 to -22C.  And the good thing about living or visiting here is that inside the building is warm regardless of what the temperature is outside. And you can wear enough clothes that even  -38C is OK (Just.....).   
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Schnerby

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:20 PM »
 ananananan ananananan

It sure will be an experience!

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but - metal is an extremely good thermal conductor.  bjbjbjbjbj

All your metal piercings will do a wonderful job of transferring the cold into your poor body. ananananan

Double ouch  bibibibibi llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 10:08:30 PM »
All your metal piercings will do a wonderful job of transferring the cold into your poor body.
See! I am right! ahahahahah ahahahahah
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Schnerby

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 01:51:31 AM »
My only metal piercings are in my earlobes. The rest have metal balls on on the ends, but are bioplast flexible plastic inside.

A huge proportion of people have ear piercings, so I figure I'll be just fine.  bfbfbfbfbf

Sorry, George  cccccccccc

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »
My only metal piercings are in my earlobes. The rest have metal balls on on the ends, but are bioplast flexible plastic inside.

cccccccccc

Um, what exactly did you get peirced, Schnerbs?  :wtf:
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com