Yo Guang Dongs!

• 30 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Yo Guang Dongs!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 09:14:27 PM »
I dunno. I'm so confused. I wasn't prepared for the eventuality that they'd actually be stupid enough to give this harpy a visa.
I suppose 8 years of Bush have taken a fearsome toll indeed... llllllllll
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 09:32:52 PM »
But...but...NOOOOOOO!!! Not on at all! Not by a long shot. No leaving China before I have had the opportuinity to see you in action at the Shamrock. Grumblemumblesillyamericanconsulateschmucksmumblegrumble...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 09:40:41 PM »
No plans yet...but hurry.
If this is my fate, the Typhoon is graciously allowing me to make a grand Tour de Raoul around China and Southeast Asia before I blow this popsicle stand. Traveling companions welcome, with certain qualifications. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »
Dumn!Bugger! Blast! Ok...first available weekend I get after arriving on the 27th of August is marked Suzhou.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »
At least these developments seem to have rattled some sense into ya, Pink Boy. Why would you want to go anywhere else, really? ahahahahah

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
One goes where one is needed, Jefe. Besides, Lin'an is a hop and a skip away from Suzhou and, from what I hear, rather pretty. When you head off on the Grand Tour, I insist you swing by.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »
Anything is possible, Amigo... agagagagag

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »
 Congrats boss. America has lived through worse disasters. uuuuuuuuuu

This will be a glorious time. We never really did have an official Saloon gathering this year (with the exception of the Beijing thing, where we had to pad our numbers quite a bit) so this should be something special. It looks like I'll be lingering a day longer than expected, so I am looking forward to some quality time with friends.  jjjjjjjjjj

Matt...get a move on!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »
Thanks, guys.
It looks like I'll be staying over, but Typhoon Susan will be returning. Anyone got some newspapers they can spread for a night?

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 02:18:35 AM »
I can't go to Dongguan  asasasasas I'm moving tomorrow morning. And I didn't get my passport back today...have to get it from my coworker this weekend.  asasasasas

Raoul, go further south to Shenzhen and we can have some drinks. You can trade that visa they gave your wife to me... save me the trouble of going through the process myself for my wife.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 03:20:49 AM »
Well, RD, I don't know congrats or condolences. I just hope your situation improves and you are able to sort out lots of things.  agagagagag

Ruth

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »
I'm with Cheeky on not knowing what to say. 

Looking forward to meeting up with folks later today.  agagagagag
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Ruth

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 03:17:13 PM »
Apparently the police have been notified that Raoul is coming and that George and Decurso are already here.  Crippler just called me to report that there are 6 cops on every major corner.

Ruth

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
Darn work gets in the way of fun every time. asasasasas  I missed Raoul by about 30 minutes.  Sorry Boss  ananananan

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 07:47:32 PM »
 Well, it wasn't what we had hoped for but it was a memorable time nonetheless. I missed Non-Dave, but I did get to see Yolanda and Babe in bathing suits so I really can't complain.  afafafafaf

George was good enough to allow me the use of his humble living quarters for the day, RD spent an entire day trying to get to us for a 1 hour visit (and did his best to miss the last bus to Guangzhou) and Ruth and Crippler were fantastic hosts.

Still here, so I may just have to crash summer camp and make Non-Dave hoist a few.