Restaurants of Beijing

• 16 replies

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
Re: Restaurants of Beijing
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »
Also, it's not very beer drinker friendly. No Chinese beer and the cheepest draft is Hoegarden for 40 kuai.

Aren't they going to start brewing their own beer sometime soon?

Indeed. They have brewing facilities downstairs and have hired a brewmaster. I will be interested to see how they price the home brew. My guess is it'll be expensive.
Morrels...I went in and looked longingly at it but didn't eat there...I was frightened off by the prices! aoaoaoaoao

But look around in the alley behind that long strip of restaurants including the Morrels across from the Workers Gymnasium...at least when I was there a little Italian restaurant hidden back in that alley served me one of the best pizzas I've ever had. When I ordered, the pizza process started with logs being placed in an oven and lighted, while a chef rolled out a steel table and proceeded to make the crust before my eyes, from the flour-water-oil-yeast-salt level.

It was amazing! I hope it's still there. If so, it's worth a bit of hunting...

I don't know...it ain't cheap, but steak for 110 and lobster for 63 is not really too bad. A lot of places charge way more. If you can't afford the Belgian beer, they got Tsing Ta draft for 15.I doubt that place is still there, but I'll do some searching.

Re: Restaurants of Beijing
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
I liked E Pan Ji /E fan Ji??  A Uighur restaurant - set menu is a little expensive, but food is good, live entertainment and after dinner the tables are cleared off and everyone dances on them.  Good fun!

You mean Afanti  agagagagag (some say Afunti)