What Website (Cloud Platform) Can My Students View Video Clips?

• 3 replies

Ivyman

Hi Everyone,

I want my students to prep better by seeing certain video clips before, during, and after class.

Normally, in the US, we would use Google Drive or something similar.  Obviously, that is not possible in China.

1.  What service do we use so that Chinese families, even with no V*N, can log in and see these clips that I download and post.

Maybe Baidu Cloud?

2.  The more detail, the better.  I just feel completely ignorant of how to do this.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: What Website (Cloud Platform) Can My Students View Video Clips?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 05:59:57 PM »
China does have some equivalents to YouTube.  I haven't really played with those, so don't know if they have anything less than full publicly sharing with anyone who decides to look or not.  Then again, not many people are hoping to trip over a random video clip for a class, so that may not be an issue.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 12:55:45 AM »
baidu is your best friend.
They have a drive service that resembles that of google with a generous space allocation. It's called Baidu Wangpan

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 10:24:09 AM »
I use videos for my online classes and we just put them in .zip files and share them via WeChat. I think that QQ has a knockoff of GDrive but I couldn't find an English language version