How can I obtain a visa very quickly?

• 5 replies
How can I obtain a visa very quickly?
« on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:34 PM »
Can someone direct me to a good source of accurate information regarding obtaining a Z visa from South Korea / the UK?

I might finally have a job offer after I don't know how many false starts, but they're saying that to get a invitation letter will take around 2 weeks (which came down from 4-6 weeks) pretty rapidly but then that leaves me stranded in SK until I can enter China.

Any advice from the experts?

Thanks

BrandeX

Re: How can I obtain a visa very quickly?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:19:51 PM »
Well, generally what everyone says is that your first one has to be issued from within your home country.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:16 AM »
Not necessarily... but it must explicitely state where it will be issued from...and some provinces have different rules around what they will or will not do.  The first thing would be to find out whether it will state SK or not. Then check the position in SK.  That will give you the answer you need to know what your options are.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »
It is the work permit that specifies where the visa must be issued.   It is that blank spot in the middle of the document. If the FAO is inattentive, inexperienced, or lazy, he will just write in your passport country and tell you to go home.

In truth, you can get the visa pretty much in any country where China has an embassy.

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
 I got one issued from South Korea however I am on an F-6 visa in Korea.  You will need to have an active Alien Residents card in Korea. You should have at least 6 months available on your Alien Residence card. It will take about two months to get your visa issued. Do not come over on a tourist visa.

CWL

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:23:05 PM »
I have processed 4 visas for China while in South Korea including my original Z.  I had an ARC when obtaining the original Z.  I used the same outfit in Seoul for all of my visas.  Never had a problem.

Don't work in China on a tourist v.