degree accredation

• 5 replies
degree accredation
« on: November 16, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
Has anyone heard about the new rule regarding getting your degrees accredited in order to get the z visa. Apparently this came into effect a couple of weeks ago to combat the fake degrees out there but no one seems to be able to tell me how to get it done.

If anyone else has heard or learned about this please let me know how to go about getting it done (in Canada) for myself, but will be useful for other countries as well.

bjbjbjbjbj

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Re: degree accredation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »
I had to do this to get a job in Korea. Dunno if the process is the same, but getting an apostille might meet whatever requirement they demand. Note, however, that they simple notarize your degree but don't ask for transcripts - seems it should be the other way around no?
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:27:25 PM »
Canada is not a signatory to the apostille treaty. Therefore, I'm guessing - 'it's' China... who knows? - the embassy/consulate will probably want a notarized copy of the 'sheepskin'.

The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »
China's also not a member of the "let's act like snobs and call confirming a signature an apostille" club.  I'm going to have to have a document "authenticated" instead of "apostilled" by the US State Dept sometime soon.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

CWL

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »
I am in the negotiation process for a job at a school in Beijing.  I am currently in the states and have not been told about needing to supply authenticated credentials.  Interesting.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 04:56:59 PM »
My need is a little unusual.  I need an authenticated FBI background check for my upcoming Chinese green card application.  Haven't heard of too many people needing authenticated degrees yet, but I'm sure it probably happens from time to time.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com