Prescription question

• 1 replies
Prescription question
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:42:13 AM »
Sorry if this is the wrong board for this but didn't know where else to post. I'm planning to come to China by the end of the year but am wondering about my Adderall prescription. I've done a bit of research and have found that apparently it's considered a controlled substance. Can anyone tell me how I would go about obtaining my prescription while I'm there?

Re: Prescription question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »
I've done a bit of research and asked some medical friends. As an ex RN I know it can be a great drug, but here in China it is not usually prescribed and it is doubtful that you will be able to get it here. Ritalin has only recently been made available through some international hospitals with psychiatrists. There also appears to be some debate about whether you can even bring it in - if it is still a banned substance you cannot bring it in, if it is controlled (my friends couldn't get a good reading on this) you may be able to bring in limited amounts or it may/could/will be considered drug smuggling.
To get some good info I would suggest contacting one of the big international hospitals to get the info you need - you can google them and will be sure to be able to find an "English" Dr . who could answer your question reliably.  Adderall is too new to this country to get info easily.
I've fallen in love with the world.....