need advice on a job offer

• 0 replies
need advice on a job offer
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »
I've been stressing for weeks now about moving to Nanjing and accepting a job offer.  The offer is for a DOS position for a training center that deals mostly with kids.  The contract salary is for 10,000 for 3mths probation and 11,000 after, 2,500 for apartment, and they will pay and have enrolled me in the Trinity Diploma in TESOL.  Further I will receive 8000 for flight reimbursement. I have met the staff and I know they have a good senior teacher and much of the staff have been there for 2years+. 

About me: I have been teaching for 8 years, 3 of them in China.  I also have several years experience managing.  I like to spend my time taking in gallerys, taking dance classes and wnat to be more active. I'm wondering will I find these things in Nanjing?

I think the reasons I am hesitating are
1.  Nanjing is crazy hot in the summer
2.  I've been teaching adults (who I prefer) for the past 3 years. 
3.  Will I be able to save?
4.  Is Nanjing a metropolitan city?  I'm sick of just restaurants and pubs.  I prefer Shanghai bc I know lots of people and there's lots too do but do understand the expense.
5.  I don't have a degree and it's getting harder and harder to get jobs.  What will the Trinity Dip do for me?

Any advice would be much appreciated. 
"All young people need somebody bad to look up to and I hope I can be that for you tonight. "

John Waters