New user introduction and some info on free ESl Teacher Training textbooks

• 3 replies
 cheexyblonde  Hello, everybody!
I am new to this forum and want to introduce myself briefly. I have been to China for teaching several times (the last time I came here was in 2002). I have always taught at public colleges/universities so far, and my special interests are in Linguistics, Chinese language, culture and history.
While China is a wonderful country in its own terms, it has got its many problems in the tertiary sector of education, too. And due to the rapid economical growth of her economy in the past years, many things have changed into comparison of the 1980s and 1990s - and not all of them to the better. Foreign teachers are running higher risks of running into all kinds of problems these days, and for this reason it is good that this Board exists where everybody can communicate about it. I personally highly appreciate this opportunity and the great efforts made by Raoul in providing the environment for it.
To keep in line with the topic of this post, let me also finally mention this: For those among you interested in some free els teacher training materials, I have some great sources available that I would like to share for free with anyone who may be interested. I will not be too specific at this time here sas I do notr want to violate the rules of this forum according to which nothing should be marketed here. Perhaps I can make another post to provide all the information needed for download but I want to make sure that this would be in line with the rules here.

For the time being, have a great day, and best wishes!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Hey Abusalam,

Welcome at last.  agagagagag

Your concern for our non-commercial policy is appreciated very much.
Pointing members to free resources is very cool, as long as they're really totally FREE.
If the free resources are just a front for TEFL cert mills, recruiters, etc. the situation may be different.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Hey Abusalam,

Your concern for our non-commercial policy is appreciated very much.
Pointing members to free resources is very cool, as long as they're really totally FREE.
If the free resources are just a front for TEFL cert mills, recruiters, etc. the situation may be different.

Thank you, your direction is highly appreciated. I will post the information in a couple of days when I have more time.
Have a great day!

Newbs

G'day Abusalam.

Raoul's kinda said it all.