Best Places in China to Travel?

• 2 replies

Ivyman

Best Places in China to Travel?
« on: April 09, 2022, 07:52:05 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have been in China to work almost all of the time.  I have had little time to travel.

1.  Where are the best places in China to travel?  Why?

2.  I will consider everything from a mega city to a small village somewhere.

I definitely want to see Chengdu Pandas and Kunming.

What else?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Best Places in China to Travel?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 03:31:10 PM »
That's kind of a broad question, but I do have a suggestion.

How would you like to be able to see many of China's greatest tourist destinations in a single day?  There's a place in Shenzhen called Splendid China Folk Village.  It's got two parts.
]
The first is the Splendid China Miniature Park has miniatures of over 100 tourist attractions (and a miniature Great Wall and Stone Forest is still pretty big).  Most are 1:15 scale.

The other part is the China Folk Culture Village, which shows of the traditions of all 56 Chinese ethnic groups.

If you go there first, you'll get plenty of ideas on where else you really want to go.

Be cautious regarding any package tours when traveling.  NEVER sign a tour contract requiring minimum purchases.  Even without a purchase requirement, many tours herd people into shops where the tour company (and/or tour guide) gets a kickback.  If you see something you like at a reasonable price, go ahead and get it.  If not, don't let the tour guide or shop pressure you.  You can always go out shopping by yourself after dinner.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Ivyman

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:30:37 AM »
I think I went there, when I lived in Shenzhen.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 04:31:05 PM »
In that case, you should have a better idea than most for which of the mos famous tourist points look interesting to you.

There are still plenty of not so famous places, but what some people find fascinating, others may find boring.  I personally like getting lost in villages and small towns, but others wouldn't enjoy my aimless wanderings.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com