Final exam for my Oral English

• 9 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Final exam for my Oral English
« on: June 13, 2007, 10:35:58 PM »
I said goodbye to my 1st years on Monday - with their final exam.  I'll have them again as 2nd years - but only for 4 weeks while the new 1st years do their military training, and then I have to pass them on to the new teachers.

Their final exam was a class presentation - any topic they wanted.  So, I had a huge variety of stuff happening.  Speeches, plays, excerpts from TV series (Friends), Monkey King and toher Chinese myths, monologues - with and without props etc.  One fella had clearly JUST broken up with his girlfriend so stood up and discussed the mistakes he made and how women should be treated to sustain relationships - and then launched into his prepared topic - the history of "Speedos"!! 

It was a fun way of ending and good to see how much their English ahd improved over the year.

Only 12 more hours of teaching (not counting marking time) amamamamam  and I head off on a couple of holiday adventures.

phets72

Re: Final exam for my Oral English
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »
Well done (as usual) - I wish I had you when I did my teacher training, I would never have had a boring class bfbfbfbfbf

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:17:09 AM »
I have just finished preparing my class for tomorrow.  War Poetry is the theme and although it is technically English Literature, I decided to slip in a section on Oz poetry.  It was great to go back through and read poetry I hadn't seen for years!!

So this lists includes:
Dulce et decorum est
Beach Burial
No Man's Land (I know it's actually lyrics - but ....)

And my reading found Ian Mudie again - haven't read him for a long time and I decided I loved this one of his in particular.

This Land

moon over parma

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:17:34 AM »

One fella had clearly JUST broken up with his girlfriend so stood up and discussed the mistakes he made and how women should be treated to sustain relationships - and then launched into his prepared topic - the history of "Speedos"!! 

VERY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAICE!

Have a fun vacation! agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 05:42:03 AM »
That looks PAINFUL!!!!! aoaoaoaoao...and I'm female!
Moderation....in most things...

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 05:49:27 AM »
Looking at it is painful.

phets72

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »
 ahahahahah

phets72

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 12:11:18 AM »
Lotus, I will miss you whilst your on holidays, I hope you will post from time to time.

How did the kids like Ian Mudie?  Is he Australian?

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:34 AM »
Ian Mudie is an Aussie as is Kenneth Slessor. They liked the Bogle best - 80% of them voted for that one.  But the other 10% were divided between the Mudie and the Slessor.

I'm hoping to hit net bars where possible - but there  will be a couple of weeks when I am out of touch.  ananananan

Catching up will be a pain!

gonzo

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 09:44:46 AM »
Ian Mudie is an Aussie as is Kenneth Slessor.
Ian Mudie was a local where I grew up in the Adelaide Hills, and I went to school with his son.
We shared an orthopedic ward in 1970: me the result of a motorbike accident. I can remember talking about his writing with him.
Small world.
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.