Whats the best internet service provider in Suzhou

• 18 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Whats the best internet service provider in Suzhou
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »
Takes one to know one, pal. ahahahahah But we veer offtopic
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
I spoke with the management company of the place i am living in.  They gave me a number of an internet provider 96111 but it doesnt work.  A guy has set up internet with china telecom and he says that is the nly internet available in the area.  I am not sure how long I am going to stay in this area so i might just go without internet at home and use the free internet provided by most bars and cafe's

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 09:37:59 PM »
Things have changed a bit recently in Suzhou internet access. Good ol' China Fuckin' Telecom has been tightening its grip as much as possible.

The 300/108 deal sounds about right for those who have no choice but to get access through CF'T. At least the service is generally pretty good.

And...I'm sorry...but anyone who would cite 100-RMB-a-month internet access as a good reason to live on-campus is probably beyond the reach of modern medicine.
Condolences to the family...
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
Well in the end I paid China Telecom 308RMB for installation of the internet and telephone line.  Luckily they have recently changed their tariff so now I pay 108RMB a month for unlimited internet.  My friend that took out the contract last year is paying 108RMB a month for 8 hours of service a day.  I did pay an extra 100RMB for a wireless router.