Quarantining

• 4 replies
Quarantining
« on: May 19, 2021, 12:04:11 AM »
Has anybody come to China recently (or as will be the case with me should it happen, come back) and had to quarantine?
In discussions with an employer and it seemed as though they were saying that I'd have to quarantine in one city for 3 weeks, and then quarantine in the city of my employment (though not on campus) for another 3 weeks.

If anyone has information

1. How much does it cost?

2. Did I misunderstand the whole 6 week thing?

3. Where do we quarantine?

So yes. Just when I thought I'd escaped, they're pulling me back in, but honestly I left 3 years ago because the paperwork was ridiculous, and even without COVID I'm sure a way of making everything more difficult would have been stumbled upon.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: Quarantining
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 12:18:21 PM »
too many different realities for quarantine depending on the city but you're looking at 14+7+7 between Beijing & Shanghai:

14 Days in a hotel of full quarantine
7 Days of regular testing and reporting
another 7 days of regular testing and reporting.

2 friends of mine went through this exact process last month getting back to mainland. They couldn't fly to Beijing so went in through Shanghai, spent the 14+7 part in Shanghai and had a choice of 2 governement approved hotels. they then flew to Beijing and did the remaining 7 at home with twice a day reporting.

Hotel was around 1000 RMB/day but they quarantined as a family with 2 adults and 2 kids.  aoaoaoaoao
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 03:41:52 PM »
There is some possibility of a plan for skipping quarantine or reduced quarantine if you are fully vaccinated with an acceptable vaccine.  Of course, different countries have different acceptable vaccines.

Stay tuned.  I'm planning a trip to the US in July or August, so I'll be 100% finding out about return to China quarantines.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 09:21:39 PM »
What I have heard, for south of China at least...

14 days hotel quarantine + 7 days community observation at a home address

If you have home address, you have 24 hours to get there after hotel quarantine. If you don't have a home address, you stay at the quarantine hotel and do your 7 extra days there.

So... "home address"...?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »
My trip is now retargeted for a late October departure.  I'm just hoping the policies settle in a little more firmly by then.

If I'm really lucky, flying in or out of HK might be an option for be by then.  That should put some downward pressure on air ticket prices.  If I fly back to HK, I wonder how the mainland will view a 14 (or 21 if HK revises things) quarantine in HK vs reentering China?

The other option is figuring out the joy of getting the magical green boarding code in the US for a direct flight to China.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com