Alien Employment Authorisation List Updated

• 2 replies
Alien Employment Authorisation List Updated
« on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »
For what it's worth I thought I might post this here for those who drift through looking for jobs and information.

http://webadmin.safea.gov.cn/pic/wjs/1397097838.mingce20140331.pdf

This is the list of work units (companies, colleges, schools, universities, baozi stalls) that are authorised to employ non-Chinese nationals and have been given an Alien Employment License Number (AELN) that allows them to do so.  Every year the State Administration of Foreign Experts updates this list.

You can use this to check if your potential employer has the right to hire you, or whether something dodgy is going on.

Fun facts:

- There are 8073 institutions with an AELN in China.
- This year, SAFEA has revoked the AELN of 381 institutions (4% of the total), mostly middle schools.
- Ningxia, the smallest province in China, has 50 institutions with AELNs.
- Jiangsu has the most AELNs of any province or municipality with 950 licenses.
- Beijing has the highest density of AELN bearing institutions with well over 500 in a single city.
- If you have read all the way down to here then you have an excellent attention span.

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Re: Alien Employment Authorisation List Updated
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 01:18:15 AM »
Unless I read it wrong, looks like there are no licensed Kid Castles [吉的堡少儿英语] in Zhejiang.

I know they are a big chain, so any job hunters take note!
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

Re: Alien Employment Authorisation List Updated
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »
Well spotted, that's the sort of thing this is for.