e-long Hotel bookings

• 2 replies

Wags

e-long Hotel bookings
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:06:21 AM »
I've gotta say that with this adventure down to Suzhou We really benefited from using the e-long service. A few days before we left we telephoned the Hotel we wanted to stay at but were told it's full. I immediately jumped on e-long and not 2 minutes later I had a booking in that same hotel!  mmmmmmmmmm uuuuuuuuuu agagagagag

I was so easy and I think we even saved money on the rate to boot! bfbfbfbfbf

I highly recommend it, it's in English no need to confuse the staff with poor Chinese inquiries or that most useless but commonly arrived at method of trying to play charades over the phone.  afafafafaf

A big thumbs up from me  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

I'm sure you'll find the link to the site in the links page right here in the saloon.  agagagagag

Re: e-long Hotel bookings
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:33:28 AM »
I haven't booked hotels but I always bought tickets while in Beijing. And never really had problems with them (except once when I was trying to make some international inquiry and they pretended deaf. But it was before they good decent employees with English language skills). Some people weren't happy with it, some were. I think it's become a bit better in the last 1 year.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: e-long Hotel bookings
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:47 AM »
e-Long has been great for me. Worth knowing about for any travel in China.
There's info on how to reach them in the Travel section of our Links pages.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)