Why do you offend me?

• 26 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Why do you offend me?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 07:45:29 AM »
Oops. I'd hoped the private communications on this were clearer. I seem to have failed.

The non-commercial policy is indeed mentioned in the forum rules. It's also now in big block letters in the e-mails that go to entering members; I don't remember if they were in yours or not. It's mentioned a fair amount. This policy is certainly not limited to recruiters, although they are major users of loaded forum posts...it applies to all commercial interest of any kind.

The intention is not to be offensive, but I'm pretty seriously agin' the Saloon being exploited commercially by anyone.
There are a lot of people that try.
A lot of would-be marketers know  they aren't welcome on various sites and turn to various stealth methods to reach people. I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen here.

Might bear in mind that your "Anyone want to marry a Chinese girl?" post was the first time anyone had ever heard from you...

Bottom line is this: If you're just here to promote a business, then don't bother. You can't do that here, and if you try your time on the Saloon will be brief.
If you're really here to exchange ideas, then welcome. You might try just telling us what you're doing instead of simply posting "Anyone want to marry a Chinese girl?"
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
 Yvonne, I welcome a Chinese point of view to the Saloon. Nobody means to give offence, it's just that your intentions weren't really clear. If you are here just to talk and hang out...then welcome. agagagagag

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 09:39:17 PM »
Hi Yvonne. So, did I read that right..... you're single?  afafafafaf

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »
I like my Bertie Wooster-like existence.
Have you got a Jeeves?
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

AMonk

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »
Hi Yvonne. So, did I read that right..... you're single?  afafafafaf

Yes.  But you didn't read closely enough.  She already has a boyfriend....and no interest in getting another. cbcbcbcbcb
Moderation....in most things...

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:19 PM »
AMonk, you should know by now that fellas only hear/read the bits they want to. ahahahahah

AMonk

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 01:53:35 AM »
 bibibibibi llllllllll llllllllll asasasasas cbcbcbcbcb
Moderation....in most things...

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 03:03:31 AM »
Yeah, yeah, boyfriend, love blah, blah, blah. There is married and not married. I'll throw in common-law but everyone else is up for grabs.  afafafafaf

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 06:49:25 AM »
Welcome aboard, Yvonne. agagagagag  What nationality of foreigner do you meet the most?
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 07:18:56 AM »
And do any of your friends want to marry one of them? I might be able to arrange a meeting. For a nominal fee, of course. uuuuuuuuuu
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:21:57 AM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 01:26:51 AM »
I might be able to arrange a meeting. For a nominal fee, of course

Provided she has had no previous dating contact with foreigners who might have ruined her attitude towards dating us, I might take you up on that fearless leader!

bibibibibi

The things we touch have no permanence.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 01:33:25 AM »
No problemo. There will also be a reasonable service fee for you, too, of course.
But if you play your cards right, you might be able get a permanent residence permit in China! bfbfbfbfbf