Introductions

• 1851 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1050 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
Shet up an' git back to work, Gramps. That men's room still looks like hell. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #1051 on: May 05, 2010, 10:14:36 PM »
That men's room still looks like hell
That's because of all the arseholes here! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #1052 on: May 05, 2010, 11:02:29 PM »
i was 25 y/o when i wrote my intro here and was still in china.

now i'm 28. back in the philippines.

nice to be back! =)
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

« Reply #1053 on: May 05, 2010, 11:29:53 PM »
great to see you back! Missed you.   agagagagag akakakakak   agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Tai_Li

• The waiting game, like the mating game.
    • My Band's Website
« Reply #1054 on: May 06, 2010, 05:05:18 AM »
Hello!

My name is Terri, and I hope to be in China this upcoming semester, teaching English. I traveled to Beijing in 2007, and I have been studying Mandarin Chinese for about two years (though I haven't been practising as much as I should). Anyway, I'm an African-American woman, 27 years old, and I LOVE old martial arts movies (though, that's pretty separate from my love of China). I play the guitar, and make movies from time to time, and I love to read and play Call of Duty (see, they're not mutually exclusive!) Uh, I can't really think of anything else, but I'm not a complete newbie in some cases, but I always appreciate any good advice anybody wants to shoot my way.

邓泰丽
Terri
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:00:18 PM by Tai_Li »
四是四
十是十
十四是十四
四十是四十

« Reply #1055 on: May 06, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »
welcome on board Terri!

you'll find a mine of useful info in and about these parts!  agagagagag agagagagag
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #1056 on: May 06, 2010, 06:47:45 AM »
Welcome Terri!

AMonk

« Reply #1057 on: May 06, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »
Glad to meetcha Tai_Li agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1058 on: May 06, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »
Welcome to The madhouse cuckoos nest Saloon!  bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Damballah

• Living in a self-delusional world!
« Reply #1059 on: May 14, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
HI there!  Just a quick note to say hello to you all.

I've been in Asia, mostly China, for the past 10 years.  A mix of jobs - consultant, PR, journo, and when things are quiet, teaching.

I'll be teaching in Xi'an next semester - hoping there are some Xi'anites (especially women - I spend most of my working life with Chinese and expat men, I need some girl talk!!) on the forum who will give me the good oil. The company I do most of my consulting for has its headquarters in Xi'an, and I'm not too keen on any more time in the humid (and can I say it? ...) smelly canal cities!  So, north is my choice.  I've been in Xi'an on and off before, as well as plenty of other places around China.

As a writer, I find the rural and remote parts more interesting (and the people very much friendlier!) than the cities, although sometimes the local gendarmes tend not to agree with me staying too long.   kkkkkkkkkk

Anyway, probably talked too much - I'm female, comes with the territory!! - so that's me.  :)
"At your worst, at your best...who cares? They really aren't that much different anyway, and neither are particularly missed or wanted here anyway." - Marilyn Manson

« Reply #1060 on: May 14, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »
Welcome Damballah!!!! So nice to have another lady joining the mix. Watch your step, I've just mopped the floor (little accident with a lot of drinkies  :alcoholic:.

Dont be afraid to jump on in and have a ball!!!  agagagagag bhbhbhbhbh

AMonk

« Reply #1061 on: May 15, 2010, 12:04:21 AM »
Hello, Damballah.  Glad you found your way to the madhouse Saloon agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1062 on: May 15, 2010, 04:44:06 AM »
Welcome Damballah,

you'll find plenty of Xi'an related info hereabouts, so be sure to have a good search.

I spent two years there and thoroughly enjoyed myself, and from what I've heard it's gotten even more modern and accessible since I've left, without losing any of its ancient charm.

Best of luck, it's a great city!

agagagagag agagagagag
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

Ruth

« Reply #1063 on: May 16, 2010, 05:10:26 PM »
Welcome Damballah, it's always good to have another female join our ranks.  Do you mind sharing the meaning of your name?
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1064 on: May 19, 2010, 08:54:53 AM »
Hello, everyone!

My name is Sebastian, feelthy American peeg, New Yawker, aspiring globetrotter extraordinaire, and current ESL teacher hopeful. God help us all. I very much like this awesome forum and the nice people in it and hope I can receive and give help to anyone who might need it in the future or, even, the past.

"Damballah" is a voodoo deity. I know this not because I am worldly and well-read but because I distinctly remember Chucky saying it before transferring his soul into another body in Child's Play.

“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“