Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #660 on: July 15, 2008, 01:43:54 AM »
 Hey! I heard that Noles! I have spies everywhere  uuuuuuuuuu

However, being the gracious hostess that I am I'm will to loan my tab out for a round. After all, it was getting a little dusty hidden under the bottle on the top shelf  bfbfbfbfbf

Huge welcome to all!

cecececece
agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #661 on: July 15, 2008, 02:07:01 AM »
Noles, you DO know that in the end it will be your tab...  uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #662 on: July 15, 2008, 02:44:45 AM »
(it's only a matter of time Cheeks)  uuuuuuuuuu
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Rajin

• Kickass and eat cheezeballs
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2008, 02:56:31 AM »
Hey, I'm Nate. I'm an expat living in Xiangtan, Hunan. I'm an American who's 22 years old and from McCook, Nebraska. I currently teach at the Hunan Institute of Engineering. I pretty much started the standard expat lifestyle when I got here. Went to the bar, made new friends, pulled teaching out of my ass. I try to become a better teacher all the time but, honestly, I hate it.

I wonder how Raoul keeps afloat in China without teaching? I'd be curious to know. Love China, hate teaching.

Hey, cheers guys ^.^

« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »
Welcome  agagagagag

As for Raoul... well, you know... how things work...  uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #665 on: July 30, 2008, 04:37:53 AM »
Welcome agagagagag agagagagag Pull up a chair. As for how to get by in China without being a teacher...you know....only your imagination sets the boundaries uuuuuuuuuu
Have a welcome drink on..let's say, Stil's account.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2008, 04:38:33 AM »
Hello.  Nice to have you aboard, Rajin. agagagagag

Next round's on George's tab......he's too busy with the kiddie-winks at Summer Camp down south to notice...
Moderation....in most things...

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2008, 05:57:13 AM »
Hi Rajin. Welcome to The Saloon.

I'm just up the road from you in Changsha.

Stop drinking on my tab.

Rajin

« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2008, 06:50:46 AM »
sweet, I'm in Changsha reall often. And thanks for the rouns, guys.  jjjjjjjjjj

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #669 on: July 30, 2008, 08:03:01 AM »
Yo Rajin!
Glad getting you here worked out... agagagagag

I DON'T stay afloat without teaching. I would love to...love teaching but I'm sick of these schools...but don't have the luxury. I supplement my income with some writing and DJ work, but I gotta face the music every day like the rest of these groundhogs. bibibibibi
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Rajin

« Reply #670 on: July 30, 2008, 11:52:55 AM »
Sad story. I *could* stay afloat without teaching doing online jobs but I think the Chinese gov't would kick me out without a work visa :o

« Reply #671 on: July 31, 2008, 11:15:58 PM »
Welcome aboard, Rajin. agagagagag  Have you considered that maybe it's not teaching you hate so much as teaching college kids?  I didn't care for it myself- most of my students were lazy, unmotivated, completely unable to speak the simplest English, or a combination of the above (mind you, my school may have been worse than yours).

I find kids a riot to teach: they're so glad to be there, and enjoy learning.  Ditto for working adults: they believe English will help their careers, so they pay attention and do their homework.

Just fishing.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #672 on: August 01, 2008, 02:22:23 AM »
Ah but college jobs require the least hours (generally speaking) and if Rajin can make money doing other stuff what he wants is a job that will provide a visa for as few hours as possible - I'm teaching 3 hours a week next year and get a visa thrown in.

Rajin, welcome to the madhouse, drinks are on whoever is too wasted to notice you abusing their tab  agagagagag

Riz

« Reply #673 on: August 01, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
Dear Rajin
I had mentioned in some of my previous post about the fact that many of the schools and unis here want us in the class to make the students happy. They are our judges. They decide if we are good or bad teachers. In simple words, a good teachers is the one who can entertain them by singing, dancing or fooling around in the class. If you wanna teach and inculcate knowledge, there is a little chance that you could get hired for the next term. It's like that in China. I been here for 5 years. Come over to my place someday. I am in Changsha dude!
Cheers.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #674 on: August 08, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »
Hi. New to forum. Old to China. Warm wishes one and all.
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami