Henan Polytechnic U.

• 3 replies

old34

Henan Polytechnic U.
« on: July 18, 2013, 05:00:16 AM »
A friend of mine is considering teaching there. The good, the bad and the ugly? He'd welcome any information.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Re: Henan Polytechnic U.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
Luoyang is one of the nicer cities in Henan but past that I don't know.  Standard checks plus a look at how much time (if any) is spent working with the International College/Department there - I know they have one that is pretty successful but the kids are less able than, for example, their peers in the English major program or the students studying "university specialty major". 

old34

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:44:21 AM »
3Q bobrage. Will pass it on.   bjbjbjbjbj
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Schnerby

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 06:02:03 PM »
I lived in Henan - 4 hours by train from Luoyang. Luoyang is an ok place to be, but nothing special. It does have the grottoes and Shaolong temple not far away, which is nice if people visit. As for a city, it's fairy standard. Not great air quality as a whole. Not much in the way of parkland. A charming little system of trams ran around the place.

I could live there.