BitTorrent

• 7 replies

icebear

• ????
BitTorrent
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:06:32 AM »
Anyone else having trouble here? Been trying to download a application today with a good amount of seeds and I'm getting absolutely nothing. I'm trying a variety of other popular torrents from different servers, but no dice on anything... I know anti-piracy efforts are supposed to be high during the Olympics, but would it go this far?

Alternatively, if anyone knows where I can get Mac software on the cheap in Beijing (Final Cut Express 4.0) I'd love to hear it...

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: BitTorrent
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:31:29 AM »

I can't say I have experienced any problems with my usual channels ( demonoid, pirate bay and isohunt).
Icebear, are you trying to download from the office or home? in my office, we have two different suppliers: the first one is a business grade line that costs about 2000RMB/month and they block bittorrent traffic. The second one is a standard 2MB ADSL (200 RMB/month) but is fine for all downloads so far.

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

icebear

• ????
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:44:21 AM »
This is from my connection at home, on ADSL. Never had problems before, and typically BitTorrent screamed at up to 200kbps, but zero connection today, plus Pirate Bay is blocked.

Why would my service change from week to week? Anyone know where I could pick up a CD 'copy' of Final Cut Express in Beijing? Able to order it online for 15 kuai, but word is no CD/DVD can be mailed into Beijing for the next two months!

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 06:51:47 AM »
Have you tried asking somebody in the new Apple store? Some employee has a brother-in-law that is selling 10 RMB copies out of a shack out back i'm sure.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »
This is from my connection at home, on ADSL. Never had problems before, and typically BitTorrent screamed at up to 200kbps, but zero connection today, plus Pirate Bay is blocked.

Why would my service change from week to week? Anyone know where I could pick up a CD 'copy' of Final Cut Express in Beijing? Able to order it online for 15 kuai, but word is no CD/DVD can be mailed into Beijing for the next two months!

uhm.. my bittorrent is downloading a I type at 478kbps.... mainly demonoid torrents but they go through the same port as isohunt. Who's your service provider? I have a copy of Final cut Express on m HD and so can you if you ever make it to Jianwai SOHO
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

icebear

• ????
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
Came home yesterday to find out it kicked up sometime during the day. I'll chalked it up as just another "The internet is wacky here" experience, which as been increasingly rapidly in the runup to the games, particularly at work.

Funny thing is, once the file downloaded and I tried to instill it politely informed me that "FCE 4.0 is currently installed" - apparently the shop I got the computer from (in Beijing) last December loaded, along with a ton of other goodies, onto the computer without saying so - thanks guys  bibibibibi Felt like a first sneak-peek at dementia  afafafafaf

BrandeX

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »
My torrents are working fine, but I have noticed Piratebay has been blocked for me for at least a couple months, and I have to use gladder to access it.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 01:07:54 AM »
Hi I use Flashget for all my downloads and Torrent downloads.  I get good speeds as well.  I usually use rlslog.net to find my torrents as they review all of the posts that they put on the site and they have a link to the good torrents at the bottom of the reviews.