15 (30%)
came to China with my partner
8 (16%)
obligatory other
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 49

how many people got hitched in China?

• 42 replies
Re: how many people got hitched in China?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:14 AM »
I've dated, but not married.

And to be frank. I wont marry, and am less likely to marry a girl in China.

Im not going to stay in China, FACT. And another fact is I dont exactly have a hidden fortune to marry and bring a girl back to England either. Sure, Ill date a girl again (I hope) and I may have one night stands again (I hope not TBH) but marriage is a real no-no.

I had a little money saved in 2009, and I gave it all to my son before I returned to China late 2009 just to make sure I couldnt even entertain the idea of a serious relationship! Marriage is absolutely the last thing I want, and would go against the grain of everything I still want to do in my life!

Im probably the odd one out  ababababab  But at 42 years old I have realised Im not really the marrying kind, Im happier on my own, happier without the responsibility and I feel that if I cant really do serious adult, long term, committed and responsible relationships with girls from a shared culture, shared country, and shared passport...thinking I can do it with a girl I dont share any of the above with is asking for trouble!

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
nicenightforawalk, for a young man,you are very wise. agagagagag  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
Hmmmm, I dont get called wise very often. Everyone thinks Im mad most of the time...and they say 'one day, you'll meet the right one', but they have been saying that for a long time. Fact is, for me, life is easier, freer and a lot less hassle when Im single. I kinda hope it stays that way really.

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
had a short relationship with a chinese guy from weifang. was never part of my plans to be romantically involved with a chinese but it happened akakakakak it didn't last long for the racial reason and status in life. llllllllll

sent me email the other week telling me he already got married last year BUT he still misses me.. ababababab
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 12:19:37 AM »
I'm married, but I still miss you too. akakakakak
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 12:37:39 AM »
had a short relationship with a chinese guy from weifang. was never part of my plans to be romantically involved with a chinese but it happened akakakakak it didn't last long for the racial reason and status in life. llllllllll

sent me email the other week telling me he already got married last year BUT he still misses me.. ababababab

you will always be that silly little smirk his wife will never understand

I'm so jealous
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 08:26:15 PM »
aww DD I don't know whether that is romantic,cute or tragic  mmmmmmmmmm
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
aww DD I don't know whether that is romantic,cute or tragic  mmmmmmmmmm

All of the above. DD is multitasking. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 02:57:03 AM »
Nicenight4aw (I'm getting lazy), that was how I felt when I came to this muddled kingdom almost 10 years ago. Dating yes, a meaningful relationship yes if possible, but marriage and family? No way. Not in this life. End of. I'm too old for that nonsense a second time.
The end though is rarely where we expect it, and now I sing a different tune.

It was long ago and far away and so much better than it is today
It never felt so good it never felt so right; we were glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife.

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 06:54:14 AM »
Different strokes for different folks, but my tune is stuck on replay  bfbfbfbfbf

My grown up son is my main priority, and Ill invest time/money and effort into him rather than on a relationship for me. He's the reason I wont stay in China permanantly, and also the reason why I wont take 12 month contracts. I simply wont stay away from the UK for that period of time.

My last job in China ran from Dec 09 - June 10, and prior to leaving for China that time, I gave him about 60% of my life savings and booked a holiday for the both of us for June 2010. That kinda meant that even if Zhang ZiYi had rolled up and offered me a marriage proposal I woulda been outta there!

This time Ill be there to work from October 2011 - June 2012...and Ill be back in the UK again for two years after that.  ananananan

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
Bring him over to China for vacation and say yes to Zhang Ziyi! akakakakak
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 01:54:17 AM »
Maybe it was a slight exaggeration to say I would turn down Zhang ZiYi, Ill admit that...but you get my point  bjbjbjbjbj

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 09:58:49 PM »
maybe go for a close non-marital relationship. "Friend with benefits" sort of thing.

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
Met a girl after 6 months, married after 2 years. We still have the proper ceremony to do next year (in the UK and China) and I have my stag do tomorrow!

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »
Met a girl after 6 months, married after 2 years. We still have the proper ceremony to do next year (in the UK and China) and I have my stag do tomorrow!

You're having a stag party and didn't post an invite here well in advance so that some of us could make it?!?!
 ananananan asasasasas ananananan asasasasas ananananan asasasasas
EscapedLunatic.com