Translating name into Chinese....

• 52 replies
Re: Translating name into Chinese....
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2007, 01:47:18 AM »
I think I know the CH part. aoaoaoaoao
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

AMonk

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 12:10:11 AM »
OK.  I give up.  What does BBCH mean?
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
OK.....
Anyone that would like to know the def. for BBCH can drop me a email as it is an Adult term.(imagin that , comming for the Navy and all)

teleplayer

• Ni you hen duo xiao qian. Gei wo yidian(r)!
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2007, 12:21:15 PM »
Teleplayer may know.....Hey!  TP...what's the meaning???

AM,
 Having been a Nuke Electrician who knows to be wary of measurements by machinist mates, Nuke or Conventional, I would first want to know if his shop/boat/"target" uses the blond, brunette, or red standard and if they used, or in what applications they used, the "henna" multiplier while making their calculations. (These things are very important when making close tolerance millings and adjustments. A fact to which tstuts can attest) Only then will I be able to know his "BBCH."  mmmmmmmmmm.  But then, this is technical measurement jargon and really you should consult our new friend tstuts. Regardless of the specific convention (blond, etc) he employs, I'm sure his valves close tightly, valve stems turn smoothly, and milled motor and generator shafts spin true regardless of which moon phase milled. Too, given the Chinese plumbing issues I've seen discussed in my two years here, he's a welcome addition with a wealth of knowledge despite his sordid (Never Again Volunteer Yourself) past. 
 Do be assured, his BBCH is not the acronym for the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital, theBBCH-scale used to identify the phenological development stages of a plant, or Big Bad Chinese Hangover (though this secondary meaning has possibilities  afafafafaf). aeaeaeaeae.
 Welcome aboard, tstuts!  jjjjjjjjjj

And of course I let myself get sucked into an off topic digression. Back to the regular programming. My Chinese name I'm told is "Jia3 ke4."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:46:45 PM by teleplayer »

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »
Oh my, it made it so hard to guess your real name  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 11:06:59 PM »
Hey Teleplayer:
 You are so right ! By the way... we always used the Blond standard.
Also, sorry I've been off for awhile, my Daughter just had her first Baby, or first GrandBaby, on the 24th of May. A Big Boy - 21" long and 9.1 pounds.
I had no idea the Joy he would bring into our lives.
My best to all and hope to continue to learn more from all of you prior to comming to China !

teleplayer

• Ni you hen duo xiao qian. Gei wo yidian(r)!
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2007, 11:59:35 AM »
Hey Teleplayer:
 You are so right ! By the way... we always used the Blond standard.
Also, sorry I've been off for awhile, my Daughter just had her first Baby, or first GrandBaby, on the 24th of May. A Big Boy - 21" long and 9.1 pounds.
I had no idea the Joy he would bring into our lives.
My best to all and hope to continue to learn more from all of you prior to comming to China !

Blond, eh?  Then AM can take this to mean that you like close tolerances with your machining.
Congratulations on birth of grandbaby. To keep us on topic, we'll need his Chinese name. Shall we run his birth chart. Need long., lat, hour and minute of birth.

We'll see you when you next snorkle to induct air and get the flash traffic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 12:02:58 PM by teleplayer »

AMonk

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »
cecececece HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Baby Tstuts!!!  cecececece
Moderation....in most things...