Guangzhou help needed!

• 3 replies
Guangzhou help needed!
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:08:34 PM »
I am taking my semi-annual jaunt down to Guangzhou next weekend (well, actually, it's the first time of many!), primarily to stock up on Western goods, namely fresh coffee and pasta!

1. Can anyone recommend a good, CHEAP place (happy to stay in hostel) in a good location, preferably near a subway stop. Don't want to spend too much more than 50-100y-ish a night

2. Where exactly CAN I buy western food? Where are the Carrefours etc? I could join Metro if there's one, what do I need to join up?

Will be looking forward to this as I life in the sticks and will be pigging out on Western stuff all weekend!

Thanks!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Re: Guangzhou help needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:59:08 PM »
Try this place: http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels-GD-Guangzhou---Riverside-International-YH-024659.en.htm

I stayed there for ten nights, whilst backacking. The best place i stayed at for a month.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »
Hi James, thanks for that- so they have a restaurant? What kind of food do they have? Easy to get round to other places etc (looks like it's out of the city)
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 01:13:01 AM »
There are loads of restaurants nearby. It's right opposite ShaMian Dao. There's a subway stop up the road. The barbeque stalls come out at around 10 pm on LuJu Lu.