Tourist Visa Deadline

• 2 replies

A-Train

Tourist Visa Deadline
« on: May 25, 2023, 06:15:52 PM »
My 60 days is up in a few weeks.  Is it sufficient to go to Hong Kong for one day and come back to restart the clock?
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Tourist Visa Deadline
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 03:48:34 PM »
Anything outside the mainland restarts the clock, including HK or Macau.  All they want to see is that you got checked out before the deadline.  I was in on a tourist visa in 2009 and had to do this. If my memory hasn't failed me, I vaguely recall it was a 30 day limit back in those ancient days.

If you go to Lowu/Lohu, you'll have to take the East Rail line down one stop before coming back.  Some of the other HK border crossings will let you do a u-turn just after clearing HK immigration and customs.

Or, since you went to all the effort to cross the border, spend a day or two playing tourist. agagagagag

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

A-Train

Re: Tourist Visa Deadline
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 07:38:03 PM »
Thanks, EL.  This is also what I'm hearing from some others.  I haven't been a tourist in HK yet, so it's good opportunity. 

Will give me a chance to see this:
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck