Weather Check

• 1321 replies

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1305 on: January 28, 2018, 05:15:38 AM »
-8 and snow. Brrrrrrrrr.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #1306 on: January 28, 2018, 01:37:08 PM »
Heavy snow in central, southern China wreaks havoc on travel

Heavy snow continued to affect parts of China on Saturday, closing highways, causing train and flight cancellations, and even interrupting the final of a soccer match between Vietnam and Uzbekistan in a southern Chinese province.[

In central Hubei province, sections of more than 30 highways were closed due to icy conditions, while the number of passing vehicles were restricted, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

The three railway stations in Wuhan, Hubei's provincial capital, also cancelled more than 100 train trips.

As of 11:30 a.m. (0330 GMT), 95 flights had been cancelled at the Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, stranding about 1,200 passengers.

The airport at Nanning, capital of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, had also cancelled 30 flights as of 10:50 a.m.

In Changzhou city in southern Jiangsu province, the second half of the Under-23 Asian Cup final was interrupted for an hour on Saturday afternoon as snow covered the soccer pitch and the mercury dipped to freezing.

Vietnam, long seen as an underdog, has defeated Australia, Iraq and Qatar to face Uzbekistan in the final, cheered on by Vietnamese at home and at the Changzhou Olympic Sports Centre.

On Friday, a unit of China's State Oceanic Administration issued a blue alert for sea ice in a key port area in the north of the country, potentially disrupting commodities shipments.

The snowy conditions are expected to ease in the coming week, although temperatures will remain frigid.

Shades of 2008
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1307 on: January 28, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »
Pussies! I Canada we played soccer in the snow.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #1308 on: January 28, 2018, 08:56:45 PM »
-4C when I went out walking two hours ago. (-2C when I got back just now.) Last night's snow has become today's solid inch of ice. Today's snow is powder over the top. Very slidy. Lots of raised hands on the sidewalk. Even the drivers are going slow. Little bit of sun right now, enough to make squinty snow glare. But tonight....

Tonight is to be -8C.  aoaoaoaoao

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1309 on: January 30, 2018, 03:41:21 AM »
Almost the same just out of Zhengzhou -7.

Two more nights in freezing-cold China and I'm off to retire in tropical Phu Quoc, Vietnam.  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1310 on: January 30, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »
Bon voyage, you lucky devil.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1311 on: January 30, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »
Less than 10 outside. I'm not going out to get an actual reading.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1312 on: August 02, 2018, 03:16:47 PM »
Feels like an oven.  Weather guessers say it's 31, but feels like 37.  Supposed to get to 33 today.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1313 on: December 30, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »
Several inches of snow overnight. -3C says the weather app. Decided to go biking.

Didn't get far. Too much ice. Riding in the grooves cut by cars and trucks was fine, not even all that cold (I had plastic bags on my feet inside my shoes). But riding up the mashed snow left at the sides of the grooves was problematic - okay if it was just mashed, but very slidy if it had frozen. I was eventually going to have some accident as I got more worn out so turned around and skidded on back to the ranch.

Pffft

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1314 on: December 31, 2018, 03:50:46 PM »
Twelve degrees and grey skies here in the usually tropical Dongguan.  Too cold for my tastes.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1315 on: April 07, 2019, 10:22:01 PM »
It's sneezin season again. Hot dry winds blowing pollen from the four corners of the globe right straight up my nose and I'm doing my best to blow it out my eyeballs

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1316 on: April 22, 2019, 08:46:34 PM »
After days of massive downpours, there's finally some sunlight. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1317 on: May 06, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
After pushing up to 30 degrees a few times in April, some sort of late cold front came in.  Highs have been 22-23 for about a week or so.  Plenty of rain and not quite enough sunlight.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1318 on: February 15, 2020, 11:40:27 PM »
Thursday - 19 degrees, so humid the floors were wet, so hot the gate guards said shocked oh! at the sweat upon my brow (and shot a forehead temperature gun at me that said 35.5, natch).

Saturday -

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

And 0 degrees

The cold, apparently, is not over.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1319 on: February 17, 2020, 09:34:53 PM »
All the way down to 8 overnight.  I may have to find my socks. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com