Criminal background checks?

• 3 replies
Criminal background checks?
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:05:47 AM »
What's needed these days to get a job? A resume, some referees, a criminal history background check, a release letter? I've never had to submit a background check, much less actually acquire one, so I don't know what or who or where?

What have you been asked for lately in your job searching?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Criminal background checks?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:03:29 AM »
I haven't been job searching, but what's required seems to depend on where the job is located. Some places insist on an actual criminal record check. Whether this check can done by local police or is federal, also seems to vary by the job's location. Some places simply require the applicant to sign a form stating they have no criminal record.

Like everything TIC, the answer always contains the 'concepts': maybe, perhaps, depends, might, probably, likely...
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
ive done one with a letter from my lawyer saying she thinks ive got a good record... and another was me just signing a paper saying i am not a criminal.    If it flies, it flies.

there is a yawning chasm of disregard that separates china from truth and validity

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 03:03:10 PM »
It all depends on what they'll take.  I'm sure there are places where a "Good Citizenship Certificate" from primary school would suffice.  For other places, a full background check by the national police will be a requirement.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com