• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anni Baobei (Chinese author)  (Read 404 times)

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
Anni Baobei (Chinese author)
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:23:49 AM »
Anni Baobei - aka Annie Baby - aka Li Jie - writer of Ba Yue Wei Yang ("August is not over")

Did she ever get translated, or maybe write something in English?

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
Re: Anni Baobei (Chinese author)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
And this:

http://www.doc88.com/p-3307994933480.html

"Li's novels today rank among the most widely read in China..." and I'm just hearing about them now?!  bibibibibi

old34

• Barfly
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:20:45 PM »
I think I was briefly introduced to her once (or she to me) at a cafe in Hangzhou about 10 years ago. The cafe's owner was our mutual friend.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »
It bothers me like a missed opportunity that people like this go unpublished in English (or at least so obscurely published as to not even be pirated  bibibibibi).

An informant told me yesterday when I asked who was An Ni Bao Bei that this was an author and at back when the informant was a student nearly every girl in her class would have one of her books. It also occurs to me now that I have heard of Anni Baobei before, and it was in a class discussing story where I asked if anyone had a favourite author. Anni Baobei was mentioned, and everyone in the class knew who was being mentioned. (And I pretty much ignored that report because (a) cutesy author name and (b) the class acted like liking this author was passe... freaking fashion, man.)

Anyway, would like to read.