New Year, New Look

• 22 replies

old34

New Year, New Look
« on: February 01, 2017, 03:55:35 AM »
Looks good. Much better. Now as to features, we'll see. Feature # 1 to go must be the VPN bug.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

old34

Re: New Year, New Look
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:03:21 AM »
Looks good. Much better. Now as to features, we'll see. Feature # 1 to go must be the VPN bug.
Looks like that bug is done and dusted! Good job noles!
 :snoopytrage:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:10:16 AM »
Looks like that bug is done and dusted! Good job noles!
 :snoopytrage:

was never a bug.. a "feature" we set up back in the old days.... but yeah, time for change.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

old34

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:12:26 AM »
Where's the recent posts button now? I had my previous book mark set to go there directly. and there was a drop down menu item for that. How to do now?

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 06:09:49 AM »
Where's the recent posts button now? I had my previous book mark set to go there directly. and there was a drop down menu item for that. How to do now?

good question... i'll put a tutorial/guide for functions soon.
The main idea behind this design is that it's very mobile friendly. Also, a lot of new internet conventions are being used.. it's Raoul's coming into the new century.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »
I guess I'm just a creature of habit and I find it hard to accept change. I thought that something had gone wrong with my computer when I logged into the Saloon this morning. I don't have a mobile phone, so I don't understand that aspect. I think I've worked out what I need to know. Thank you Nolefan for all that you do behind the scenes. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »
Aaaahhhh!!!!  I think my retinas just got burned! ananananan
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
Who'da thought I'd miss the black bar?! Navigating back up subfolders is presumably just as easy as ever and I'll have to find out how.

Meanwhile, thumbs up for the style on the phone.

Maaaaaybe the lengthy home screen blurbs under each subfolder could be trimmed finally....?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Who'da thought I'd miss the black bar?! Navigating back up subfolders is presumably just as easy as ever and I'll have to find out how.

Oh, I seeee.... the location icon in the top right....  bibibibibi bfbfbfbfbf

Actually, images in posts are distorted on a phone. Aspect ratio goes wrong. They shrink to fit the horizontal screen but don't change in the vertical. They get long and thin...
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »

Maaaaaybe the lengthy home screen blurbs under each subfolder could be trimmed finally....?

Thanks... a lot more changes coming. blurbs will go away, sections will be fused/merged/killed... time to make this pig pretty again

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »

I'm rather fond of the blurbs.  They help keep things in the right folders.  Of course, if we merge a few folders, some will need to be modified.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 11:27:12 PM »
any other feedback while we're at it?  i'm looking at bringing back picture of the week amongst other things.

old34

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 06:38:31 AM »
Picture of the Week would be a nice retro nod to the original website.

old34

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »
Here's the Bookmark I figured out as to how to go directly to the recent posts which is my preferred way pf visiting the site without having to go through multiple menus and clicks: http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?action=recent

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »
Is there a feature that tell you if new posts have been made since your last visit? If so, I can't see it... and found it really handy in the last version.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.