• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Your Android Phone and its Animations  (Read 774 times)

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
Your Android Phone and its Animations
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:16:47 AM »
The animations on an Android phone, like the fade between screens, the way app screens slide up when you select the app (and down when you close them), and the way in-app menus expand/zoom in... do you tolerate, or even enjoy, these?

From my first Android phone I've found them to be annoying fluff, and technically speaking they make fast phones sluggish. But recently I've been watching students in class and, by golly, it's all animation, all the time. Do they know you can turn animations off?

Go to: Menu > Settings > About phone

Find the entry called "Build number". Tap that entry repeatedly. 8 taps are what's needed and you'll see a countdown notification after the first few. When you reach 8, a notification will congratulate you on becoming a "Developer". Go back to Menu > Settings, and you will find a new entry in the System settings section called "Developer options".

"Developer options" includes a lot of unhelpful stuff for the average user. It literally is a section for developers to make Android operations mostly less productive but more revealing. It also includes:

Window animation scale
Transition animation scale
Animator duration scale

And you can set all of those to zero, which makes all the animations go away. If you've never done this before, you may be surprised at how "fast" your phone seems now.

» now with New and Endlessly Improving CV 4U  ٩( ᐛ )و

BrandeX

• Barfly
Re: Your Android Phone and its Animations
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:38:26 PM »
Have you ever seens Chinese (or Asian in general, especially JPN) website that are basically 100% flash?
Yea....