Guangzhou east train station?

• 6 replies

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
Guangzhou east train station?
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »
When we get to Guangzhou east at 8 am in the first leg of our trip we want to buy tickets for the 9am train to Shenzhen leaving from the same train station.
Will we have enough time to get from one part/ platform to the next?
No idea of numbers and or locations so general info would be greatly appreciated.
 bfbfbfbfbf bjbjbjbjbj

Re: Guangzhou east train station?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »
You didn't say where you're coming from? If HK, I highly doubt you will make it, going through customs then lining up for the ticket....

If elsewhere in China, ensure you are in fact arriving at GERS and not Guangzhou Railway Station. Assuming you are arriving at GERS, it should be enough time, if you know where you are going! You'll be ushered out with the throng on the right hand side of the station, passing through a bottleneck of a gate. One through, keep walking around past the metro underground exit towards the big Macdonalds sign you'll see. Keep looking as you walk to your left and when you see the sign for 'Shanshui Hotel' & the Kungfu takeout place, walk through the walkway there past 7-11 to get to the main entry of the station. You'll have to go through the X-ray machines again, once though, turn left and both the ticketing and gate for the d-class Shenzhen express trains are on this level. They leave every 10mins.

Sorry about all the weird directions- but you know what Chinese train stations are like! I'm now back in Australia, but you make me miss this station heaps!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »
Thanks Becs. Yes we are arriving at Guangzhou East from Harbin and we actually have our tickets bought and in hand for the 9 am to Shenzhen.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 07:45:35 PM »
It would be a little silly to go from HK to GZ and then to SZ, not that someone might not manage to sell some innocent foreigner tickets for such a convoluted path.

Here's your train station map:

http://jt.gz.bendibao.com/z/hcz/images/hcz1.jpg

I can't separate the GZ stations I've been in from each other (except for the Express station - looks like an airport).  My lovely wife claims a worst-case scenario would require, at most, 30 minutes.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:11:30 AM »
From my lovely wife to your: thank you. Actually she's Chinese so that would be 谢谢  bjbjbjbjbj

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »
Thanks for the PM.  It may indeed be a map of the other GZ train station. llllllllll  I'll try to get my wife to double-check.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 03:02:58 AM »
It sounds like it won't be too hard from what you and Becs said so no worries and still a big thanks.