[curious. am i just old or is it a band no one has heard of

• 11 replies
[curious. am i just old or is it a band no one has heard of
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:12:57 AM »
i was out tonight with some buddies of a similiar age but a bit younger than myself. one of the guys was playing dj and i asked for a song i have always liked by night ranger - sister christian. many of you might know the song by the lyrics motoring,.....
but no one that i was with knew this song. Just curious if i am the only one who has ever heard of them. agagagagag

Re: [curious. am i just old or is it a band no one has heard of
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »
I remember Night Ranger and "Sister Christian". From school parties...it's not unknown...It is just that we are so very old...one student of mine, uni student that is, recently in class argued that albeit she knew what Indiana Jones was, she did not like it as she preferred watching something like "Captain America" because "Indiana Jones" was, in her Words, "Like, you know, super old".... llllllllll bibibibibi ananananan
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTM0OTMwMTU2.html

So basically, he was calling his sister a slut?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 12:31:57 AM »
I remember him calling his sister a slut.
 bfbfbfbfbf
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 12:49:28 AM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:50:54 PM by Isidnar »

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 03:58:27 AM »
 bibibibibi thats what i was afraid of - it is me getting old. Especially after watching the video and seeing the haircuts on the band and remembering when i actually used to have hair.  mmmmmmmmmm asasasasas

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 01:58:44 AM »
bibibibibi thats what i was afraid of - it is me getting old. Especially after watching the video and seeing the haircuts on the band and remembering when i actually used to have hair.  mmmmmmmmmm asasasasas

What?  I had that hair before Night Ranger formed and I still have it now.

Cool hair never goes out of style. ababababab
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »
These are not mutually exclusive choices. I've heard of Night Ranger AND you are old.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 01:04:02 AM »
aaah, but stil, you are probably one of the 5 people who went to see rock of ages that had the song during the opening scene. :alcoholic:

elzoog

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 11:23:59 PM »
Night Ranger was a little popular back in 1983-1984.   The problem is, that unless you actually lived in the 80s (I was 18 at the time) you probably wouldn't have heard of them.   They basically had one or two songs that were popular for a few months.

Because there are 80s bands that are far more important, or popular, than Night Ranger (such as U2 for example), someone who didn't live in the 80s would probably have never heard of them.  I would say that Night Ranger was a little more popular than say, Devo, but not much more.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 02:23:16 AM »
a bit of both, IMHO. The 80s/big hair era did see a lot of forgetable bands.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:26:40 PM »
Night Ranger were a good band and Sister Christian was a good song. I'm old enough to remember it very clearly because it was playing on the radio once when I had a 4 or 5 minute period of lucidity back in the 80's.