• Home
  • Search
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

      Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Who's name do I use to threaten my school?  (Read 4278 times)


  • Barfly
  • *
  • Posts: 494
Re: Who's name do I use to threaten my school?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 12:21:50 AM »
In theory we are to get this back when we leave China. Since the school operates on ad hoc excel files, if there is a chance this money could be refunded upon departure what type of documents would the government accept? Or are we breaking new ground here?

Documents issued by the local Tax Bureau I'd assume.


  • Barfly
  • *
  • Posts: 1354
Re: Who's name do I use to threaten my school?
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
I'll reply on both isuues:

Per the social security tax, the school handles all the paperwork, so sadly there is nothing for you to do but sit and wait. It took one of my former co-workers 6-ish months to get it back. But she did get it back (it was deposited into the sdame account her salary was deposited so it was a good thing she kept her chinese bank card in america.

And as for who to complain to, the best solution I've come up with is the headmaster of the school. It's a huge face-losing move for the dean of the international dept which is usually enough incentive to make them do what you want them to do. I've only employed this technique once, and we had all the foreign teacher going to the headmasters office together. Even if he wasn't there, we were gonna demand to talk to somebody and was gonna make a big "foreigner style stink" until we did. But our dean heard about it and immediately backed down on our issue despite over 2 weeks of her refusing.