"Green Card" Update

• 89 replies

BrandeX

Re: "Green Card" Update
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 05:47:41 PM »
Same here. What then, I wonder, of village men hwom import wives from Vietnam and so on that never have income outside the home. Are they too permanently ineligible for "green cards"? In the states at least, random tourists get 10 year visas to China now. Meanwhile, us spouses of citizens need to pay and renew ours every two years still.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
Inquired about existing docs we had while turning in res permit.  Found a few things that needed changing and a whole new item (thankfully simple) that wasn't on the checklist.  Last  docs in need of it are undergoing translations and notarizations.  Just have to finish one piece of paper and fill in the form.

T Minus 8 days and counting.  Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong . . .  aqaqaqaqaq
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 11:26:18 PM »
im a spouse and need to renew every year, but it only costs 400rmb. after this year it will be about 5 years, so ill go for the d visa (that was). although i dont have any tax records.....

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2016, 01:50:57 PM »
I got tax and pay records and had those notarized.  When questioning the guy who accepts the applications last week, he said that instead, I needed a bank account (in my name and/or wife's name) with over 100,000 RMB to be frozen for an extended period (6+ months) along with a notarized statement that the money was available to support me.

Still planning to bring the tax and pay records in case the change their minds.

Considering the instructions vary from city to city (along with an interpretation of instructions manual that the guy checked), it's best to ask your local bureau of foreigner leashing to see what their exact requirements are.

7 days to go.
EscapedLunatic.com

BrandeX

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 09:40:38 PM »
I got tax and pay records and had those notarized.  When questioning the guy who accepts the applications last week, he said that instead, I needed a bank account (in my name and/or wife's name) with over 100,000 RMB to be frozen for an extended period (6+ months) along with a notarized statement that the money was available to support me.

Still planning to bring the tax and pay records in case the change their minds.

Considering the instructions vary from city to city (along with an interpretation of instructions manual that the guy checked), it's best to ask your local bureau of foreigner leashing to see what their exact requirements are.

7 days to go.

That sounds better to me. I'd rather prove that I have money as opposed to where and how I got it...

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 08:49:36 PM »
snap on the bank account with a shed-load of cash in it.
I have never needed to show cash with the annual visa but to take it with you 'just in case', would be a good idea.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2016, 08:33:11 PM »
Been waiting for this day for a long time.  Today is it.  April Fools Day, 2016.  My 5th wedding anniversary.  To celebrate, I'm about to go apply for my Chinese Green Card.  Unless someone here is holding something back, I believe I'm about to boldly go apply for that which no Saloon dweller has ever gone and applied before. ababababab

Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong . . .   aqaqaqaqaq

Then again, even if they accept the application, it will probably take anywhere from 3-8 months for the answer to come back.  amamamamam

Hmmmnnn . . .  Maybe I should change out of my pajamas before leaving. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

rattie

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2016, 01:56:26 AM »
Nooooooooo aoaoaoaoao

Keep the pyjamas on, have you got scuffy back slippers to so you drag your feet through the station/office?

Best of luck to you as you fly into the wide blue yonder.
R and K
p.s. how's puss today?

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2016, 03:26:51 AM »
It took forever to get 2 copies of everything (well, almost everything kkkkkkkkkk) via the printer that's begging to be replaced.  Somehow, my lovely wife's copy of our marriage certificate was missing. kkkkkkkkkk  Time was running out, so we decided to wing it with only mine.  The Didi driver decided to hide about 150 meters away from where he was carefully directed to wait for us.  Thought my wife was going to beat him, but she decided that getting to our destination was more important than making the driver regret disappointing her. ahahahahah  Finally got down to the Bureau of Foreigner Containment a little after 4. 

The usual guy who gets stuck with my paperwork (and knows about greencards) was out this week.  Instead, got a new guy.  He spoke English fairly well and had one other thing in common with me.  It was the first green card application for both of us, so he got to join me in seeking out and exploring strange new paperwork.

While hunting through the originals of everything to compare to the copies, the other marriage certificate dropped out out one of the other document booklets.  One small crisis averted. agagagagag

Finally got original compared to copies and everything in the right order.  He promised to call if anything was missing.  We made it all the way to the bus stop in front of the building before the phone rang.  For some reason, even though they already had a copy of my last entry stamp in my res permit application from 2 weeks before, they needed a new one, plus copies of all of my res permits (ALL issued from the same desk that took the application.  Oh, and they needed all of this in duplicate and the office was closing in less than 10 minutes. aqaqaqaqaq

We ran to a copy shop across the street.  Made 2 copies of Z-visa from 2010, every res permit since then (up to the one issued last week), and my last entry stamp.  Ran back across the street, and made it in just before they locked the doors.

I'm sure there's another call or two for copies or other things in my near future, but for the moment, it's mission accomplished.  I've got a receipt for submitting my Chinese green card application on my 5th wedding anniversary.
btbtbtbtbt agagagagag :candyraver: agagagagag btbtbtbtbt

And in furry news, Stripy Emperor finally kept a meal down today and is looking better.  Will get to see him tomorrow morning before heading off to HK and then the US for a few days.  My lovely wife promises to visit him every day while I'm gone.
EscapedLunatic.com

BrandeX

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »
Oh, I also forgot to mention regarding the past years"renting a property" thing. This years spring festival 2016 in my wife's hometown, I was once again to told to "gtfo, we told you to buy a house, we don't care what people in other provinces are doing" - or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:47:18 PM by BrandeX »

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2016, 03:01:32 AM »
If I left finances up to my in-laws, I'd have a huge auto loan on an insanely expensive SUV.  I'm not willing to go into debt to be a proxy for automotive face.  Instead, I'm hoping to keep saving up and have cash available when the real estate market gets a reality check.
EscapedLunatic.com

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »
Looking forward to hearing how this process goes for you – and looking forward to seeing a photo of your Chinese ID card when you get one! :)

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »
So far, no new calls for more paperwork.  No idea if that's good or bad news.  Guess I have to wait 4-12 months now. aqaqaqaqaq
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »
...  Guess I have to wait 4-12 months now. aqaqaqaqaq

.. Babies take 9 months to make their appearance bjbjbjbjbj
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2016, 05:55:05 PM »
On Friday, the Bureau of Naughty Foreigner Containment called.  Although many months may still lie ahead, evidently, my application cleared enough local hurdles for them to collect the application fee. agagagagag (I never thought I'd be happy to pay a fee. ahahahahah)  Tried to get their in time to collect the papers and pay it, but the bank across the street had moved elsewhere (for some reason, this fee had to be paid at a bank instead of using a credit card at a machine inside the building mmmmmmmmmm) and by the time we found another bank, they were shutting down for the day.

My lovely wife just paid at the bank next to the village and will take the receipt back downtown this afternoon.
EscapedLunatic.com