"Green Card" Update

• 89 replies

BrandeX

Re: "Green Card" Update
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
One more step forward on my Long March. agagagagag

Right next to my laptop are two pieces of paper.

One is white and covered in Chinese writing.  It says EXACTLY what paperwork I need to turn in with a Green Card via marriage form.

The other is green (ok, green-ish, more of an aqua color) and it titled Application for Permanent Residence in China (For Those Seeking Reunion with Spouses).  It's bilingual and only a single page printed on both sides.  It is very simple and straightforward.

Next March, I'll get an updated copy, just in case there are any changes.  I plan to turn it in on April 1st, 2016. ababababab
Can you list, or perhaps scan and post if you can't write, exactly what the form says you need?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 12:14:32 AM »
Nooo!!!! I've been trying to get this for years.  It's mine!  ALL MINE!!! AHAHAHA!!!

Well, I guess I could share a photo.

Documents needed include:
4 photos
Passport
Marriage certificates
Health certificate (same as normal one for a Z visa?)
Certification of non-criminality, both in China and in home country
Rental proof and/or deed to home
Spouse's hukou

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 03:37:23 AM »
I got a 2 year spousal residence permit this year which I had to do a health check for. The 1 year didn't require a health check. It was the same as the work visa health check, you just checked a different box on the form that they give you for the health check but the rest was the same.

We asked about the green card earlier this year and the PSB cops advised that it was going to get easier to get green cards, but to hold off for a year or so and see how the new policies are going to be implemented. So your timing might be just right EL.

BrandeX

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
Rental proof and/or deed to home
Eh!?

I don't actually have to buy a home first now? That was the only bit I was missing afaik.

Thanks for the pics!

Also, I've gotten the 2 year resident permit w/o health check.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:09:18 AM by BrandeX »

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »
They want to know where you've been living.  I think they finally caught on that some foreigners rent and some deeds are only in the Chinese spouse's name.  Happily for me, my name is now on the deed to one apartment, but I do intend to keep renting here in the village for the foreseeable future.  I'm hoping that over 6 years in the same location (as of the date I'll turn in the application) gives a firm confirmation that I'm not going anywhere.

One other requirement (not sure where it's written) is 9 months of each of those 5 years needs to be inside of China.  Guess I'll save my plans for a 4 month vacation in Tahiti until later.

Ran into one snag.  My brother the cop says he doesn't know how to process a criminal background check (as opposed to running one on someone he just arrested).  How exactly does one apply for one of those inside the USA? mmmmmmmmmm
EscapedLunatic.com

BrandeX

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 02:09:43 AM »
What about providing proof of income and bank account to show financial stability? That has been a requirement.
Under reunion with spouse, section 2.
http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/ChineseApps/ChinaPR01-03.jpg

As for the records check, perhaps one from the FBI is suitable.

Some info:
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/abroad/legal-matters/criminal-record-check.html
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/criminal-record-checks-for-u.s.-citizens
http://www.fbi.gov/foia/requesting-fbi-records
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:19:34 AM by BrandeX »

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »
I need to get my wife to do a full translation of that document.  I seem to recall she mentioned something about income the first time, but didn't repeat that when I was asking her for the list of docs.

Thanks for the links.  I'm glad they don't include Lunatic certifications.  ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »
Criminal background checks are really easy to do. Check your home state's state patrol website. They probably can do the background check online just using your name, DOB, SSN, and DL number.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2015, 07:38:26 PM »
Looks like they finally wised up in a lot of states and want fingerprints.  Happily the Feds standardized fingerprint cards.  Next time I'm stateside, I'll visit some local cop shop and see if I can get a few dozen sets made so I can do everything else by mail.
EscapedLunatic.com

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2015, 06:49:42 PM »
If you wanna take a chance you can print out the standardized fingerprint form and give it a go yourself. A few practice runs and you'll get it in no time.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
When you get printed by the local cops (state patrol?) in the US, you might want to get another set of prints taken to send to the FBI for a federal check.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »
Thought I'd get several sets made so I don't have to do it again later if I need more.

One additional bit of info.  The Application Form appears to be the same throughout China, but my wife found an instruction sheet online from another city.  There were differences in the document requirements.  The other city wanted banking records.

Aaand, this being my 4th wedding anniversary, it's 366 days (2016 is a leap year) until I file my greencard application.

EscapedLunatic.com

BrandeX

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 05:16:23 PM »
Good luck and congrats. My 7th anniversary is tomorrow, and I still think the "green card" thing is looking like an impossibility for me.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 03:37:35 PM »
Why would it be impossible?  The only major disqualifiers I know of are dread diseases and not being in country enough each year.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »
Married 7 years, but i don't pay taxes here so that disqualifies me.  ananananan
The future's so bright i gotta wear shades