Visa Difficulties (in bad situation)

• 33 replies

BrandeX

Re: Visa Difficulties (in bad situation)
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »
Ok.

The authorities at large have officially rejected my visa.

Reason given: Too sensitive of a university minor as well bad relations between China and the United States.

LOL.
Meanwhile, someone who is an actual spy could have gotten the stamp of approval with a photoshopped degree that said "Communications" or something on it.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 05:44:10 PM »
I was sort of under the impression that the study of homeland security was mainly about preventing bad things from happening.  Should MDs be excluded because they know all sorts of unusual ways to kill a person?

If it's spying they are worried about, anyone who studied journalism, photography, psychology, electronics, etc. should be excluded.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
Yep. That was actually explained to the officer working our case but alas, no dice. Quite ridiculous.

My buddy's (we were working together) app is also being considered for rejection as he has previously been in the US Army.

My experience in Henan, with both of the schools that I have worked with as well as dealing with the powers-that-be there has NOT been impressive IN THE SLIGHTEST.

I have very few good things to say about the way things are done there and look forward to working in a different province. :)

Alas, now the job hunt begins. :)

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »
if it's any comfort, I'm firmly of the opinion that if you were a spy, you would be the worst spy in human history. In fact the major and sharing everything on the forum under your presumed real and full name would almost count as a classic double bluff. Perhaps you're the columbo of spies.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »
if it's any comfort, I'm firmly of the opinion that if you were a spy, you would be the worst spy in human history. In fact the major and sharing everything on the forum under your presumed real and full name would almost count as a classic double bluff. Perhaps you're the columbo of spies.

I said the same thing.

Worst spy ever!

Besides....who the f*ck goes to LUOYANG F*CKING HENAN PROVINCE TO SPY??????

I mean...come on.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »
Hmmmmnnn...  perhaps you are there to spy on their top secret goat herding techniques. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
Well this is hilarious.

I'd say the "security" story is so absurd that someone is bullshitting you.  But then again, anything is possible south of the Yellow River.

Quote from: josephaaroncampbell

Yeah, you really aren't a spy.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »

No one. Besides, you already know all the 'secrets' of living in 'Dirt Town' in a hillbilly province.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Borkya

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »
Just when you think you've heard everything....

Sorry to hear you got denied though.  ananananan

Li Fu

• The older I get the faster I was
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »
 bibibibibi
I am unexpectedly going through my own nightmare. I put in all the requested paperwork last month to my new employer in Beijing in order to have a seamless RP transfer/renewal.
The visa guy in the HR department had a sudden serious medical problem, and someone else in the HR department with limited experience with getting visas/RPs has been trying her best, but the bottom line is that I will not have a new RP on July 1. My current RP expires on the 30th of June and I am in Shandong Province.
BJ told me to get an interim L visa, but the PSB in my SD city refuse to give me one and say that BJ PSB should give me an L visa. BJ PSB say that they can't give me an interim L visa either.
Meanwhile I am due to travel from SD to Beijing on the 24th, and BJ is telling me that even if I give my passport to the PSB on the 24th to process my new RP, that I will be on overstay after June 30th and fined every day until a new RP is issued to me.
Is this true???
OP I feel for you! agagagagag

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 06:07:33 PM »
As long as the RP application was in the hands of the PSB on the 30th... you would still be ok.  It needs to be submitted, not necessarily finished processing before the expiry date.  3 years ago, when I first transferred schools, the RP application was actually submitted on the final day (ie the day the old one expired), and approved a few days later.   Given the "new 3 week" processing time for residency permits this year... that is a very good thing. Who in Beijing has said that to you? I know it is definitely not the case where I am in any way, and my understanding was that this was the same across the country.  What is the problem now with you getting it processed? Is there any reason why it can't be submitted before the previous one expires?  My understanding would be, that if that happens then you do not need any other visa to cover you while it is being processed. They will even be able to give you "official" paperwork confirming they have your passport and are processing the RP, potentially covering you for when you need to use the passport.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 07:56:30 PM »
Certainly, in the past it has always been the case that handing your passport in prior to the date of expiry was all that was required: this year the local E/E PSB where I am actually requested that we process my RP renewal no earlier than 15 days in advance of its expiry.

However, I am not going to give any firm advice one way or the other because Beijing is doing all sorts of things these days. 

Further info. here, although it isn't definitive: http://www.bjgaj.gov.cn/eng/

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 12:54:06 AM »
I usually hand mine in about 2-4 days before expiry.  I don't want next year's being up for renewal any earlier than this years.  Sometimes doing this buys me an extra day or two on the new visa, sometimes not.  So far, no fines and no lost days using this method.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 04:42:59 AM »
EL:
I usually hand mine in about 2-4 days before expiry.  I don't want next year's being up for renewal any earlier than this years.
Same here. If I pay for a one year visa, it should not become an 11 month visa just to suit some flackwit in an office.
That said however, I was given the same "rules have changed" notification here in Dalian. next year I intend to submit, not 15 days, but maybe 4 or 5 just to test the waters. unless I hear that someone has gotten burned for it. Canary in a coal mine.

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 07:10:48 AM »
I have never had a problem with this.... and the "one year" issue you have mentioned.  My RP usually simply runs until the end of the contract I have, and is usually applied for before the previous one runs out.. Sometimes that simply means that it actually shows as running for slightly more than 1 year.  Applying in advance does not necessarily mean that you will have just "one year" from when it is actually issued. I know that will possibly depend province to province but the new extended processing times on the RP's this year of 3 weeks (or so) do probably change things. Though it is certainly possible to apply as late as they will accept.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)