Windows 7 SP1

• 1 replies

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Windows 7 SP1
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:02 AM »
My newly installed Windows 7 Ultimate will not configure Service Pack 1 (it'll download but not install). I've tried every 'fix' suggested by Microsoft (and others on the Internet)... NOTHING works! Without SP1, I can't upgrade to IE 11, so not all my Google Mail features work properly (might as well still be using XP).

I read about this being a problem... especially (almost uniquely to) in China.  I've change the system locale. I've expunged Chinese Trad. & Simplified languages from the computer, and my vibrating purple noogie is set to U.S.A.

Has anyone else run into this?
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

BrandeX

Re: Windows 7 SP1
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:43:50 AM »
Good news!

Anyone who knows better doesn't use IE anyway. Install Firefox or Chrome, and you'll be good to go.

As for running in to this before - yes I have. Same deal, I was running Ultimate and had a Chinese login for my wife, and English one for myself. It's a long time ago now though, so I'm not sure how I fixed it. I think similar to what you are trying I had to remove any indication of Chinese on the PC, then it eventually worked.