One year of Free V-PinyiN

• 3 replies

BrandeX

One year of Free V-PinyiN
« on: March 07, 2014, 05:25:04 AM »
reposting from elsewhere, tried and it works:

Go to https://www.steganos.com/specials/?m=chip0414&p=sos

Enter your email and click ok (Page is in German, uncheck the box, if you don't want the newsletter)

Check your email account for your serial number

Download the software here: https://file1.steganos.com/software/wrappers/chip0414/sosintwr.exe   (the same link is sent to your email with the serial, the program itself is multilingual.)

Enter your serial number somewhere and have fun using it.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:38:06 AM by BrandeX »

eggcluck

• Still standing
Re: One year of Free V-PinyiN
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
I just tried this and it seems suspect to me. I will be doing a sweep through my computer now.

It also failed to give me access to those places usually 'walled' off.
Still standing

BrandeX

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
then you had some issue connecting. either you could get all website or you could get none due to connection errors as w-pinyins override all connection settings and tunnel all data through themselves. Steganos has been around for years, and the software itself is just a frontend for OpenVPinyiN anyway.

I can only connect via "USA", but otherwise works flawlessly and I got data throughput of up to 8M last night, perhaps it can go even quicker. this is essentially an extended trial however, and has 5 GB monthly cap.

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:10:21 PM »
Yea it did start working in the end I am also able to change servers.

But give then rather loud USA style marketing just sets off red flags to me as experiance tells me if it does that then usually it is one of the several:

- A scam
 - Suspect or just a way to gather your details to sell to spammers
 - Usually way overpriced for what you get.

That said it does seems reasonable for what you pay but there is little transparency and zero mention of its privacy policy on the website. These are a big no no, I would rather pay more for someone that does not keep my details, logs my activities and hands them over to the powers that be when asked to do so. Those that don't I suspect have to charge more in order to keep paying all the lawyers to keep the powers that be little claws out of their system. Not to mention lobbying against the creation of rules that give the powers that be unrestricted access whenever wherever(think U.K. and its crappy ISPs like talktalk)
Still standing