« on: November 28, 2012, 12:47:40 AM »

Walking home from class today I saw this guy harvesting some pollen,

when this big bully chased him away.

caley1313

• DH Allison, MBA, TESL
    • My Photo Gatherings
Re: The Bully
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:56:12 AM »
Nice macro. I much prefer a macro without artificial lighting and a strong DOF look to it. I currently use a Sigma EX DG 180mm Macro lens for all my small critter shooting up close. It's housed on my Pentax K5 at the moment. Here's one from the not too distant past. Keep clicking. Caley

Butterfly by Donald H. Allison, on Flickr
Carpe Diem, mi amigo, or...Seize the Big Fish as they say here in Carolina

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:31:23 AM »
Beautiful shot Caley.

I took those with a Sony E mount 50mm on a NEX-7. I have an old Vivitar VMC 70-210mm f/3.5 Series 1 Macro that I will mount on the NEX but it's back in Canada and I won't visit until Spring Festival.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
Great shots Stil....and Caley. I'm getting more and more impressed by that camera Stil...so bloody versatile. Seems to have brought you out a bit more, too. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
I love the colours Stil. bfbfbfbfbf Thanks for taking the time to stop and smell look at the flowers.

Thanks Caley; another great photo. bfbfbfbfbf

caley1313

• DH Allison, MBA, TESL
    • My Photo Gatherings
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
Beautiful shot Caley.

I took those with a Sony E mount 50mm on a NEX-7. I have an old Vivitar VMC 70-210mm f/3.5 Series 1 Macro that I will mount on the NEX but it's back in Canada and I won't visit until Spring Festival.

Nice shooting with a 50mm lens, getting that close in macro mode. Well done. I had that very same lens back in the day and it is a very nice lens from most any distance. A bit heavy and probably in manual mode, but exceptional optics was my experience. Cheers. Caley
Carpe Diem, mi amigo, or...Seize the Big Fish as they say here in Carolina