Indie Rock In Guangzhou ???

• 4 replies
Indie Rock In Guangzhou ???
« on: November 02, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »
Any idea where one can take in a good local or touring indie band in Guangzhou ?

How about contemporary art galleries, are there any good ones there ?

Gracias.

BrandeX

Re: Indie Rock In Guangzhou ???
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »
I don't know how to get there, but what your looking for is the bomb shelter. It's a real bomb shelter under some building in GZ, back in some alley and not really marked. Some students did a project/interviews on people there for a class last year. Sorry, I have no idea how to find that. I would ask some "hep" looking young people if they have any idea what it is.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 04:29:57 PM »
You can always turn to the Location-Specific Info listings on our Links pages for some hints.

AsiaXpat Guangzhou lists art galleries at http://guangzhou.asiaxpat.com/directory/education-culture-religion/art-galleries/

while That's PRD (Pearl River Delta; Guangzhou + Shenzhen) discusses bars and clubs at http://www.thatsmags.com/prd/bars-clubs

bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

BrandeX

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »
actually in that case, the place you want to check is www.gzstuff.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:07:10 PM »
A very useful site! I'll add it to the Links list... bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)