'Living in China' shares the tone of which series/movie? In your opinion?

• 28 replies

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
The Odd Couple with more spitting.

Tree

• This personal text is false.
The boss from Office Space in a Blade Runner street on bad days, NatGeo documentaries on good days.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

piglet

• Piglet's House
Oh wow this is why I am still hanging around on here. Wonderful thread guys.And I love Jim Jarmusch. Surprised nobody has said Being John Malkovitch.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Groundhogs Day  mixed with a slow moving zombie horde movie.    You get to be Bill Murray, though    ababababab

old34

Groundhogs Day  mixed with a slow moving zombie horde movie.    You get to be Bill Murray, though    ababababab
Wrong date but it occurs that Groundhog Day could be a substitute for the date that shall not be mentioned.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com

Didn't they already make that movie?  Zombieland ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Didn't they already make that movie?  Zombieland

I was thinking more along the lines of Shawn of the Dead
besides, doesn't BM get whacked by mistaake in Zombieland?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Getting whacked in a zombie movie only slows you down a little. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Hmm...a movie about living in China...well, it would have to be a mongrel...the political atmosphere and the concept of double-think from 1984, the traffic situation from either Blade Runner or the Fifth Element, the sense of being caught in an irrational loop from Groundhog Day mixed a little with the zaniness of Demolition Man...oh and the Agents from the Matrix as the authority figures.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Digicig

• Newbie to ESL and China - Reiki assisted!
M.A.S.H. - every Foreign teacher is doing a 'tour of duty' whilst everyone maybe competent in the classroom, the degree of seriousness that they may take im themselves, their profession and the school varies enormously with often laugh out loud combinations ;)
Convictions create convicts!

A dystopian movie where your VPN does not work, and you cannot get a new one. Nothing you try to get torrents or Youtube, works. Nothing. Want to take some online courses? You cannot.

Work is a children's cartoon where I teach 5 to 6 different courses next term.

Oh, I forgot. The internet is so slow, it is irrelevant if I have a VPN or not. Seriously. I cannot watch a 7 minute Khan Academy video. It is that bad.

The sad thing is, if I can stay one more term, I will. Stay until the summer of 2017, just for convenience.

So, it's the movie you fucking hate, and you are your least favorite character.

But the gym is great. Thank God.

Re: 'Living in China' shares the tone of which series/movie? In your opinion?
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 01:47:56 PM »
 Erasarhead really has the gloom and smog

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »
 Eraser head

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2016, 12:09:10 AM »
I've said this before but in the Pripyat mission in Call of Duty 4 MacMillan says at some point "50,000 people used to live in this city... now it's a ghost town. I've never seen anything like it." And I was like, pffft, have you seen China?

Not with Ultranationalists, of course.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0