Okay guys, you called me on my laziness when I posted this thread
I do a few different things right now
1) I put them into small groups and give each one a food group (fruit, meat...) and then have them write as many words they know for the group. I give them a few minutes and then switch their lists around and they then have to add to the others list.
2) I have them practice describing Chinese dishes to a foreigner. I teach them ingredients, taste and cooking method.
3) I take a English menu and then go through it for vocabulary and then put into groups and have them role play trading off the diner and waiter roles.
4) I give them a list of vocabulary for cooking and then after we go through it, we play charades with them and then they take turns acting out the methods/preparations and the others guess the words.
5) I first give each one an idiom and have them try to guess what it means then I explain them.
6) We discuss kinds of restaurants and talk about restaurant etiquette and table settings.