Things other expats do that drive you insane

• 241 replies

gonzo

Re: Things other expats do that drive you insane
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
You are right gonzo.

Douche should be saved for only those people that publish the full name and the address of people they don't like on a public forum.
Now Larry Orenstein was a douche! Actually, that's his screen handle. Real name: Mr Kalquski. Location: A rat's nest near you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:32:00 PM by gonzo »
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
I've always found squirrels who pontificate against proper American slang to be a bit on the douche side of the force. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »
I never speak Chinese in class (people really do that?) and students assume I can neither speak nor understand, so they speak to each other in front of me about anything. You can learn a lot this way.

Q: Who's the best spy in the world?
A: No one knows.

ababababab
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »
laowais whose Chinese name contains dragon...

Big Dragon

Small Dragon

White Dragon

etc...
I hate that too.  llllllllll bibibibibi

Clos

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2012, 11:19:13 PM »
laowais whose Chinese name contains dragon...

Big Dragon

Small Dragon

White Dragon

etc...
I hate that too.  llllllllll bibibibibi

ahahahahah

My first night in China, I turned on CCTV and watched ping pong.  The next day, I registered at the PSB and they requested a Chinese name.  I only knew four names, aside from the westernized-Chinese names I've heard before.

Ma Long
Yao Ming
Chairman Mao
President Jintao

Guess which one I chose?

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »
I really hate the old creepy foreigners that are always on the search for young women and can only sem to talkabout it. Their purpose for living is to get the girls(which I really do not care about)and have to constantly talk about it. It seems sad that these creepy old menare trying to relive their youth.
I also hate young dumb foreigners who come here, spend a few weeks and know more than i do. iI spent an unwanted evening with one fellow that after 2 weks told me how to teach, how to speak chinese and how to navigate though life here. I am not trying to say my 8 years is anything extreme but come on.
Last one is the people that say lliving here for a continuos period of time doesnt mean anything.A guy who visits every few months for a while wastried telling me my not leaving meant nothing. i am sorry but staying here and dealing with the frustrations of life with no vacation from it has more impact than someone who often travels to their original country.
i also go crazy how I respond to fporeigners, I knowI should know better but i just cant help it at times.Some one once told me my expectations for otherswere too high and i told him his were too low.

gonzo

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2012, 03:15:21 PM »
I'd be interested to hear kevcom's definitions of "old" bgbgbgbgbg and "young" :banana:.
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »
Since Chinese tend to respect age more than the west, seeing a girl with a BF/husband significantly older than her can be a little more common than in some countries.  Of course, a May-September romance is one thing.  February-December does get more than a little creepy.  A 70+ year old guy with a girl on his arm who may or may not be out of high school -  aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa
EscapedLunatic.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »
A 70+ year old guy with a girl on his arm who may or may not be out of high school
bibibibibi So that's where I went wrong!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »
I don't talk about it that much, do I?
<Have to ask the wife>

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »
Ireally do not care if a guy is with a girl at any age. what i find creepy are the guys that can only seem to talk about finding women, everywhere they go or anything they do has to be about finding ladies.You ask if they want to go to dinner,they ask are there gonna be girls? ask if they wanna fo to a bar they ask about the girls? Tea, Girls? Bowling. girls? Walk down the street, girls?
It is like seeing a young man trapped instide a squidy old body and makes me wonder how much they missed out on in their previous lives back in their original country.

gonzo

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »
It is like seeing a young man trapped instide a squidy old body and makes me wonder how much they missed out on in their previous lives back in their original country.
You poor person! In my 5 Chinese years at two universities, one in China's largest city, I didn't meet any of these. It was your loose use of "old" and "young" that I wanted to find out more about. Does this mean older and younger than you?
"Wanna"??? Its shortened my life trying to coach this crap use of English out of EFL and ESL students, but I now see the chips are stacked against me.
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

BrandeX

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
what i find creepy are the guys that can only seem to talk about finding women, everywhere they go or anything they do has to be about finding ladies.You ask if they want to go to dinner,they ask are there gonna be girls? ask if they wanna fo to a bar they ask about the girls? Tea, Girls? Bowling. girls? Walk down the street, girls?

Tell these idiots to open their eyes.  China has more girls than any other country. ahahahahah

Think I'll step out on my balcony and see how many girls I can see. afafafafaf
EscapedLunatic.com

zero

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2012, 04:57:59 PM »
Just remember to keep your bathrobe closed this time while you're on that balcony, EL.