• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Number 3 Middle School AKA Handan Foreign Language School.Handan, Hebei. Review.  (Read 2228 times)

Rin

This is a review for the above school.
I taught there for 10 months last year. Not a bad school, not a good school. Just so so as Chinese people say. You are given free run on what you teach, though without any guidelines to follow can be quite difficult, especially for me as a first time teacher. The students are from 11 to 18 years old. Class sizes are huge! 70 plus students. Nobody in the class to translate.. can be daunting at first, but I really enjoyed it. The salary was usually paid on time, I think there were only two occasions where it was late and only by one day. Can be disorganised, they will tell you at the last minute (or not at all) if there is a schedule change. My main gripe was the teachers apartments were on campus, so if you wanted to go out or come home after 11 pm it was troublesome as they lock the gates. No visitors allowed either.
Hope anyone looking to teach there find this helpful.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Thanks for the review, Rin!

Campus curfews and visitor restrictions are a deal-breaker for lots of people. Beware of them when considering a contract! asasasasas
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)