Your worst advice in 2 sentences or less.

• 93 replies

zero

Re: Your worst advice in 2 sentences or less.
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 04:58:42 AM »
Just go out with her a few times and if it doesn't feel right, break things off. Chinese girls are very understanding of this sort of thing.

zero

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »
Quit whining about floss! If the Chinese have gotten by without it this long, so can you.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
Every Tuesday in China is "Naked Foreigner Day".  Show off your pride in being a foreign guest as well as your love for Chinese people by taking a nude stroll around town each week to celebrate.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:39:29 PM by Escaped Lunatic »
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 04:16:53 AM »
1:If you want to improve your chinese get a chinese girlfriend.
2: Trust every foreigner you meet, we are all together and would never do anything to harm/cheat or lie to you.

zero

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 05:49:24 AM »
Kevcom, I like No. 1 especially. The belief that a long-haired dictionary will be beneficial to one's language acquisition is incredibly widespread. and, in my opinion, incredibly false.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »
I disagree zero and kevcom. My "long-haired dictionary" has been incredibly beneficial to my language acquisition.

The key is that she doesn't speak English.

I agree about trusting people just because they are foreigners. That's just a stupid reason for trusting someone.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »
The higher a man's social rank is, the more aggressively you should flirt with his wife in front of him in public.  By doing so, you give him large amounts of face by indicating how desirable she is. afafafafaf
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

A-Train

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »
Bones...shmones.  Just take a bite and swallow.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 09:13:57 AM »
"If the local climate is that important to you, consider looking for work in Chongqing.  It hardly ever rains for weeks at a stretch."

"You only thought you smelled burning when you stepped out on the balcony this morning to collect your laundry whilst noting you could but dimly squint through the malevolent orange-brown haze of a new day.  You will be happier if you tell yourself that blue skies only exist in photo-shopped pictures on the interweb and say something cheery like, "My land, it's foggy today!" whenever anyone passing you in the street coughs and expectorates a lungful."

:)

"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
The metro is a great place to hit on chicks.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »
No degree? No problem! Teaching in China is the safe, stable and profitable career for you! bfbfbfbfbf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
Of course you can work illegally at a school in Beijing on an expired F Visa...No worries...The Chinese authorities are very clam and collected when it comes to foreigners breaking the law....
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
The Chinese authorities are very clam

Well, this helps explain the Chinese authorities I encountered. bpbpbpbpbp
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

zero

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 04:39:43 AM »
Put that condom away. There hasn't been a case of herpes in a Chinese brothel since 1906.

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2012, 05:02:25 AM »
Put that condom away. STIs are actually caused by 'Shang Huo'. Have you tried wanglaoji?
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪