Internet Dating

• 20 replies

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: Internet Dating
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »

Also look at your local expat rag classified sections. In Beijing, thebeijinger.com has a specific section for dating and it's not too creepy. it gets occasionally run over by the teeny boopy chinese girls looking for a foreign hookup but it's workable.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
Local expat rag?

baaahhahahahahhahaahhaaaahaahahhhaaa

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »
My online dating experiences in China ranged from awesome to disaster to oddball combinations of the two. Basically the same ratio as conventional dating, but a lot less effort.

The only real "dating site" I used was Date in Asia, but I also used We Live in Beijing (a social networking site) and occasionally browsed the classifieds in The Beijinger and Craigslist (the latter....whoa, momma  aoaoaoaoao)

Adult Friend Finder is probably not the best place to seek marriage or long-term partner, but there are some...er....interesting people on there. afafafafaf I met my last girlfriend (in Thailand) through it.

Not so much recomendations for Babala as some general info on the topic. bjbjbjbjbj

babala

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 06:24:14 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. As I mentioned, I already found some websites. I really just want to know what your general opinion is on internet as I am totally new to it. Do you just chat back and forth until you decide to meet?
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »
That's pretty much it. MSN/QQ chats are a better way to "get to know" people than just slogging PMS back and forth on dating sites.

Actually, another viable online dating portal is QQ. QQ allows you to search users by gender, age, location and language, and it allows you to add contacts as friends much in the same way as Facebook.

I've come across some MESSED up chicks on QQ  aoaoaoaoao, but it's great for those long summer holidays.  ahahahahah

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 06:25:57 PM »
I have tried internet dating for years with very little success. I have never met anyone and the messages I send almost never get a reply. I have spent far too much money on it :(

My advice based on that woudl be stick to the free sites, if it does nto work out money has not been wasted. That said I seem to be quite hopeless at these things, I have never managed to get a date in my life. So possibly I am somewhat negativly skewed by that.
Still standing