Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »
Bambam, Dr.Everything welcome to the madhouse nuthouse institution insanity Saloon..... nah insanity was right.....  axaxaxaxax

Pull up a stool (not the ones with the finely tuned butt dents - they're all taken) and relax with cold one.... barkeep! This one's on me.  agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

AMonk

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2007, 08:38:49 PM »
Nice to see all the new faces in here.  BARTENDER!!!  This round's on ME. agagagagag agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Newbs

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
A welcome to Bambam and all the others who have joined up recently.  Barkeep, a round for everyone, and put it on my George's tab. agagagagag

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »
Nice to see all the new faces in here.  BARTENDER!!!  This round's on ME. agagagagag agagagagag

You heard her, barkeep! bhbhbhbhbh
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

BamBam

• The Learning Tunnel
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  Yes, I do have many questions, but many of them have been previously discussed in the different forums and threads.  I'm still reading through them, and I'll be posting additional questions as they come up on the appropriate forums.

Hye BB welcome!!! Pull up a stool and tell us all about you int he Intro thread.

All about myself?  I prefer to be mysterious, but I suppose that I am not unique and not unlike many of you, even though my ego is always attempting to convince me of how different and special I am.  Anything you want to know, just ask.
Those that think they can, and those that think they can\'t are both right.

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »
I ASKED!!!  llllllllll

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2007, 06:26:23 PM »
Gosh, it took me reading 10 threads before I accidentally saw a mentioning of tie and now I know Bambam is a male!  cheexyblonde

BamBam

• The Learning Tunnel
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2007, 06:55:59 PM »
Ok, what exactly did you ask?  Well here is a summary.

My vitals:  male, 37, single, never married, no children, straight, liberal minded, easygoing, Texan, teacher, bachelors, TESOL.

My interests:  socializing, sightseeing, sports, working out, meditation, the pursuit of knowledge, live music, food, drink, relaxing, beaches, mountains, history, different cultures, animals, etc.

My background:  born and raised on a cattle ranch, served in the army, worked in the telecom industry, in operations, middle management, and dabbled in acting.

My goals:  to have fun and cause no harm to others.

I think I've managed to give a lot of info without actually saying much.  Yet, I'm starting to feel a bit naked and exposed.  Any more questions, just ask.

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »
Just one question: what do you want to do in China?  Travel and sightsee?  Immerse in the culture?  Learn the language?  Buy a ton of cool Chinese stuff?  Rack up more teaching experience?  Buy enough free time to pursue your own project?  Find a wife?  Find a string of girlfriends? 

So many reasons to come to the Big Silly...

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2007, 07:17:59 PM »
Hey BamBam.  Welcome!  I won't hold your being from Texas against you.  I have heard that there are Texans who do know how to speak English in a way that others can actually understand.  Beer is cheap here, free if you get George, LT and Con to pay the tab.  If you want tequila, Raoul's your man.  As a mild mannered old fart, I will kick in occasionally for some hot water or even splurge on some weak Lipton's tea.

As a relative newbie here myself (going on nine months now) I hope that I can help answer any questions from my newbie experiences.  Make yourself at home, don't touch the missus and we will be great friends.  Just in case you didn't know it, Eagles eat BamBams if they make moves on the Eagle's missus.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2007, 07:23:55 PM »
Eagles also make a decent stew if you add enough cumin.

englishmoose.com

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2007, 07:28:47 PM »
I have heard that Con eats almost anything, even dog.  With that being said, I don't think that I am cumin to dinner ...
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

BamBam

• The Learning Tunnel
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »
Just one question: what do you want to do in China?  Travel and sightsee?  Immerse in the culture?  Learn the language?  Buy a ton of cool Chinese stuff?  Rack up more teaching experience?  Buy enough free time to pursue your own project?  Find a wife?  Find a string of girlfriends? 

Good question.  And my answers are: Yes, Not total immursion, Yes, No, Yes, You never know what opportunities will present themselves in the future, If my heart so chooses, and If the alternative is celebacy then yes I will seek female companionship and perhaps have more than one girlfriend before my stay is over.

I've been fascinated by China since I was a youngster.  Teaching experience is a priority, but so is learning the language, experiencing the culture, seeing the sites,  and making friends. 

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2007, 07:58:41 PM »
Well... here -  put on some pants and hope you can find what you are looking for!  agagagagag

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2007, 07:11:15 PM »
Welcome to the Jungle Bam Bam,

I used to know a wrestler by that name... pretty tough SOB.
Anyways, as long as you're coming into China with an open mind and low expectations, you're gonna have the time of your life. It will be memorable one way or the other  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

Drinks are on LT for this round agagagagag agagagagag afafafafaf
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com