Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1545 on: March 24, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »
Oh I've been in China since October, so you could say I'm quite fresh off the boat.  There's not too much to tell, I used to be a firefighter until the economy took a nosedive.  Now I'm in China and (quite frankly) enjoying a happier, less stressy life. :)

As to the link on reddit, I want to say it was hiding in /r/TEFL, but it could have been in /r/China too.  I didn't reply to it, so I probably couldn't find it again if I tried!  Basically, somebody said to check out the cafe for info on teaching abroad and personal questions, then somebody else said "pfft, screw that, go to raoul's".  So I clicked, and then chuckled, then read some things, then chuckled some more, then found some rather hilarious things, realized this was a bunch of people I can relate to, and registered.

Also,  agagagagag

ababababab

« Reply #1546 on: March 25, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
Thanks abeth86. My Dad was a volunteer firefighter in Tenterfield (Australia) and two of my brothers were in the Fire Brigade in Townville until they retired. You folk could certainly write books about your experiences. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag I look forward to hearing how things are going in China.

MiddleKingdomMatt

• Who, me?
« Reply #1547 on: March 29, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
Newbie here hoping to teach English in China after I graduate (should be in about two months if all goes according to plan!...). Currently learning a bit of Mandarin and hope to gain some level of fluency by living abroad.

Looking for a bit of excitement.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1548 on: March 29, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
Excitement here in China? I suppose dodging the traffic while crossing the street and even while walking on the sidewalks can get pretty exciting!

Shhhh... don't spoil the surprise. uuuuuuuuuu
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #1549 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
Hello, MKMatt agagagagag Nice ta see you and Isidnar here at the bar agagagagag agagagagag Drinks on EL's tab uuuuuuuuuu
Moderation....in most things...

Ruth

« Reply #1550 on: March 29, 2012, 11:57:24 PM »
Welcome guys.

I love
"pfft, screw that, go to raoul's". So I clicked and then chuckled, then read some things, then chuckled some more
and
By the way, there's lots of good advice on this site. Read it carefully.
I guess that's us in a nutshell.

I'm living a less stressy life here too. I hope China is as good to you newcomers as it has been to me.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

MiddleKingdomMatt

• Who, me?
« Reply #1551 on: March 30, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »
Welcome to you too, Randisi!

By excitement I guess I just mean travel... meeting new people. Tired of being a provincial New Yorker, barely getting out of the city.

Now what's all this about the traffic? Surely the drivers are harmonious...

« Reply #1552 on: March 30, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
Welcome MiddleKingdomMatt and Isidnar. agagagagag Hope all goes well for you. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1553 on: March 30, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »
Welcome to the Saloon MKM and Isidnar!   agagagagag agagagagag

all the best bfbfbfbfbf

Sam
"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."  (Oscar Wilde)

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1554 on: March 30, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »
Welcome Isidnar (great handle!) and MKM the more madness the merrier. And yeah there is an awesome bunch of helpful people on here so draw up yer armchairs and settle in  agagagagag
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

NATO

« Reply #1555 on: March 31, 2012, 03:25:52 AM »
Hello all and welcome.

Isidnar, great information, thanks for that. Chinese definitely ain't the prettiest sounding language, but once you get into it it definitely has its charm. And I have this idea that anyone who's studied philosophy at degree level, or especially higher, is doomed to a life of "meh" emotionally. That includes one of my good friends in China and my best mates dad. What do you reckon?

Chief

« Reply #1556 on: April 19, 2012, 03:21:57 AM »
Welcome MKM and Isidnar,

Regards

Chief  agagagagag

« Reply #1557 on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:21 AM »
hello all!

I'm judih - an EFL teacher and a puppeteer, looking for information about teaching English in China.
So, thanks for existing!

Would love to hear experiences and am trying to decipher the forums to learn where to head.
Advice is welcome

Best wishes to one and all.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1558 on: May 21, 2012, 05:35:32 AM »
Hi Judih welco..... wait what?

« Reply #1559 on: May 21, 2012, 05:38:34 AM »
Hi Judih, and welcome!

A Puppeteer? Literally, or figuratively?