Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1185 on: October 26, 2010, 08:02:25 AM »
You obviously haven't met George. He was around when the Petrified Forest was only a little nervous  ahahahahah

Welcome piglet, I remember 1979. That's when my ex and first got together
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1186 on: October 27, 2010, 08:34:05 AM »
so everyone how do I get to be a barfly then?  :alcoholic:
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

AMonk

« Reply #1187 on: October 27, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
so everyone how do I get to be a barfly then? 

1.  Post

2.  Play nice with others

3.  Post

4.  Join in the conversations

5.  Post

6.  Don't start flame wars

7.  Post

8.  Be respectful of different Members' opinions

9.  Post

10. Suck up to ask Raoul politely
Moderation....in most things...

AMonk

« Reply #1188 on: October 27, 2010, 09:02:36 AM »
Oh....and did I happen to mention that you should POST? uuuuuuuuuu
Moderation....in most things...

Ruth

« Reply #1189 on: October 27, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
Welcome piglet, I remember 1979. That's when my ex and first got together
Me too, except change 'ex' to 'honey'.  He hasn't managed to ditch me yet  ahahahahah

Welcome Piglet. You need to know that there are quite a few of us in your age range.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #1190 on: October 29, 2010, 04:06:27 AM »
Welcome Piglet...Now, I trust that you have not brought that rascally Tigger with you? Eeyore, yes, a most noble and wonderful creature, but no Tigger...

You become a barfly by posting, engaging in witty repartee, buying local squirrels lots of absinthe and generally participating in the mild-mannered mayhem that this establishment offers...Imagine it to be the Drones Club and, as a new member, you have to play the part of Oofie Prosser...that always goes well agagagagag agagagagag double absinthe, sugar and laudanum on the side, please agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1191 on: October 29, 2010, 05:34:49 AM »
Welcome piglet, we talked a bit in the YNNU thread but I hope you stick around and keep posting. Talk a lot and play nice(ish) with others and you'll make it to Barfly in no time.

I bet the average age around here is probably quite a bit older than you're thinking it is, but age is just a number anyhow, as they say. :)

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1192 on: October 29, 2010, 06:15:30 AM »

Welcome Piglet

I bet the average age around here is probably quite a bit older than you're thinking it is, but age is just a number anyhow, as they say. :)

If you ask nicely, George might even tell you what the world was like before dirt.

Ruth

« Reply #1193 on: October 29, 2010, 06:15:48 AM »
I agree: No Tigger.  George's hyper dancing chicken provides enough strain on the eyes without having a Tigger bouncing all over the place.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1194 on: November 06, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
in any case some of us remember the REAL Tigger not the Disney one. I am very upset by people whose initial Piglet response is the Disney one but there I go showing my age again bibibibibi
and btw why is it that when I hit that icon it says bibibi ? I hate the association given that I currently live in the land of Bibi?

« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2010, 04:30:33 AM »
Hey piglet, if it wasn't for cartoons, most people wouldn't know classical music too

welcome to the loony bin the other side of reality here
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1196 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:43 AM »
You know what Daydreamer if it wasn't for adverts some of my students would never have heard any decent music.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1197 on: November 11, 2010, 04:54:45 AM »
"Oh kill da wabbit, kill da Wabbit..." ahahahahah

Anyway...hello Piglet, and welcome! agagagagag
As for becoming a Barfly...Posting is indeed crucial, as are getting along and participating. The one thing I'd add would be Patience, because these days it doesn't happen quickly. I do NOT recommend asking about it, politely or otherwise...I find that tends to annoy more than anything else. kkkkkkkkkk  Just relax and do your best to be a good Member...and it'll happen when the time comes. I'll be keeping an eye on things for ya.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1198 on: November 11, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
Thank you all I shall do my best to be a good member, not bug anyone and keep my hands and feet clean  :lickass:

« Reply #1199 on: November 11, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »
G'day Kangaroo! I take it that you are from the land down under? I am an Aussie living in Brisbane.Sorry I can't give any help or advice on China since ill health put paid to my plans. alalalalal I have stayed with the Saloon because the folk here are so nice and helpful as you have noticed. I look forward to hearing about your experiences in China and Aussie too. bfbfbfbfbf Welcome aboard!