• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: NFL 2011!  (Read 5400 times)

KeyserSoze

• Barfly
Re: NFL 2011!
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
http://is.gd/Oy4IZy

LOL the Jerry Jones Bowl. But it could happen.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2012, 01:39:37 AM »
Well, my New Orleans Saints lost their playoff game today, to the San Francisco 49ers, in one of those wild-finish games that had 4 touchdowns within the last couple of minutes. ananananan

Gotta hand it to the 'Niners, though...quarterback Alex Smith today displayed an ability to consistently deliver insanely accurate throws into very tight coverage like I've never seen before from anyone; his receivers displayed an ability to somehow catch those things. And their defense is playing better than anyone thought possible.

If the 'Niners can keep playing at the level they showed today, then they'd better be taken seriously for the Super Bowl.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2012, 02:57:30 AM »
Meanwhile, New England is literally beating the Denver Broncos like a drum. It's, like, 35-7 at the half. bibibibibi

And speaking of Tim Tebow...Jimmy Fallon, the first really talented late-night-talk-show host since the days when Letterman was good, has a viral video of him using the Bowie song A Space Oddity  to parody Tim Tebow. He's called "TeBowie."

It's a must see. At first I was wondering if I should be offended by it, but by the middle of the song I was howling with laughter. bfbfbfbfbf

I can't find a useful link to send you- which may not matter anyway across the Firewall- but search under 'Video' for 'tebowie'. Look it up...it's worth it.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

KeyserSoze

• Barfly
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2012, 07:35:18 AM »
Tebow 7:29 - "Maybe next year. Or not."

Giants or Green Bay?

Stil

• Barfly
    • ChangshaNotes
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
I'm in Canada right now. What a couple of great games to watch. That Saints - 49ers game was really exciting. I almost spilled a beer! Alex Smith? Really? Wow!

I also hourly enjoyed watching the Patriots break those Broncos.

Brady 5 touchdown passes in the first half. Tebow 3 completions in the first half. Hehehe.

I love watching Tebow and I do think he will get better and he's also a brute.

One of my best friends is from Wisconsin, so while I don't like Manning and really like Rogers, I will be loudly cheering for the Giants to win. I am that kind of friend.  uuuuuuuuuu

Here's hoping murder charges are laid against the Ravens defence.

Sam Smith

• Barfly
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
Yah...lost some money on the 'Niners - Saints game --- but...it was a GREAT game --- well worth watching!   bfbfbfbfbf

Glad to see Tebow got his ass kicked (after he kicked my Steelers' asses!).  bfbfbfbfbf bibibibibi bfbfbfbfbf
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:27:40 PM by Sam Smith »
"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."  (Oscar Wilde)

Stil

• Barfly
    • ChangshaNotes
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2012, 01:49:50 AM »
The Giants just kicked ass. Green Bay scored 14 points off of referee gifts otherwise it would have been 37-6!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2012, 02:57:16 AM »
Yeah. New York pretty much dissected the Packers... bibibibibi

Jedi Smurf

• Barfly
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
All I have been hearing all year is how the NFL has changed, and only offensive juggernauts like Green Bay, New Orleans and New England can win in today's NFL. It will always be true that a great defense trumps a great offense. Witness San Fran and New York this weekend. Witness the Ravens against New England next weekend. Defense, Baby!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
Agreed. As one of the commentators put it, "Offense may win games, but defense wins championships."

The total shutdown of the Packers by the Giants' defense is witness to this...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »
Finally found a good link to the TeBowie sketch, if you can get to Hulu.
You just gotta see this somewhere...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/318731/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-tebowie?from=fb_share

Jedi Smurf

• Barfly
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
I hadn't seen that Tebowie sketch, and it was hilarious. Here is another link to it.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2012/01/video_tebow_tebowie_fallon.html

Senor Boogie Woogie

• Limboid
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »

No HULU dude.

China probably blocked it, and if they didn't, HULU wont allow streaming outside the USA (which really, really  asasasasas me off.)

Where is everyone watching NFL in China? I knew a guy who paid for the NFL package online and we had all the games to choose from live. Problem was, the games did not come on until 1 AM, with the American afternoon games ending on Monday morning. Besides the first week games and a stray game on Christmas streamed illegally in a "foreigner" restaurant, I haven't watched much. I like college football better anyway.

old34

• Barfly
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »
Hulu isn't blocked by the Great Firewall, it's blocked by the U.S. corporate interests who feed it content, and it cannot be viewed OUTSIDE the U.S. These are many of the same people (corporations are people, remember) who support SOPA and PIPA, BTW.

A good *** gets around this restriction as you appear to be accessing it from within the U.S. I watch Hulu everyday here in the Great Silly.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll

A-Train

• Barfly
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
China probably blocked it, and if they didn't, HULU wont allow streaming outside the USA (which really, really  asasasasas me off.)

Where is everyone watching NFL in China? I knew a guy who paid for the NFL package online and we had all the games to choose from live. Problem was, the games did not come on until 1 AM...

I think the basic NFL package allows you to watch the game after the fact.  I like that cuz it excludes all commercials, (which equates to about one hour), and there's no real danger of spoilers here in Dalian
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck