OK, so it's PAUL's ENGLISH

• 3 replies

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
OK, so it's PAUL's ENGLISH
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
i was overwhelmed when day dreamer gave a background of Perfect English but then Perfect English is in Changchun, while my PE is in yanji,jilin. Then I asked around. Someone mentioned about PAUL's ENGLISH and it's quite disheartening to hear that person's comment on the school. although she just heard those stuff from teachers who do part time.

the school admin is willing to wait until the renewal of my passport here in the Philippines is done.

Anyone who knows about this training school? (theyre offering me Z visa though)
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

Re: OK, so it's PAUL's ENGLISH
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 02:06:04 AM »
Though I've been there a couple of time, all I can say is that its just another town along the way though cleaner and more modern than most. I have no idea how many foreigners (westeners, its heavily Korean) are there or what type of schools there are. Its in the middle of nowhere and just off the N Korean border (about an hour or so).
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:33 PM »
I tried, but didn't find any online reviews of this school...and usually (not always), the real stinkers will have someone posting a warning somewhere. So this is a cautiously good sign...

Yanji is in the Yanbian Autonomous Zone, an area near and dear to my heart. It's a bit rough and underdeveloped, but the people are great. Most folks there are ethnic Koreans, but it's a real melting pot of cultures. My favorite food in all of China comes from Yanbian...it's a mix of Korean, Northern Chinese, Manchu, and Mongolian...and it totally rocks. bfbfbfbfbf

But oh, man, it's cold, cold, cold. Winter overnight low temps of -50C are not at all uncommon. It's dry (make sure your apartment will have year-round 24-hour running water, or don't take it!) and windy and covered in coal grime.
Are you sure you want to move to such a place, my jasmine flower? akakakakak

"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:21:37 PM »
nah, i think i'm gonna pass.
thought it was gonna be a good place to stay and to enjoy.
i'll just continue with my "mini" boutique.

If my sched permits, i'll just visit china before the winter ^o^

BIG THANKS! agagagagag
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road